Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Groovin'
jms40
Accepted Solution

Netflix Video Won't Load, Can't connect to Sony for updates

This is for a sony bravia KDL-40W5100 serial no. 8019460

Starting 4 days ago I can log into netflix but when I play any movie I get "Sorry, the right to view this content has expired." All other video apps I've tried work including Amazon video. When I try to refresh internet content I get The service requested was not found error code <5004>. When I try software update I get "An error occurred during the software update. The update could not be completed."

I have the latest firmware and according to the tv I am connected to the internet. I've done all the usual things like unplugging tv and modem. Is this a sony problem and/or netflix problem or am I going to have to do a factory restore of the tv?

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Netflix Video Won't Load, Can't connect to Sony for updates

Yes, you have to reset the TV to factory default settings. The error message "Sorry, the right to view this content has expired."is an indication that a data corruption error has occurred. Follow the steps below to reset the TV to factory default settings. 

1. Turn on the TV.
2. Using the supplied remote control, press and hold the UP arrow button.
3. While holding the UP arrow button, press the POWER button on the TV itself.
4. When the TV goes off, release the POWER button and the UP arrow button.
5. The TV will turn on by itself then the initial setup screen will be displayed. Follow the on screen prompts to finish the setup. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.