Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Tuning Up
dmac
Accepted Solution

Netflix stopped working!

Did anyone else's smart tv stop allowing one to watch Netflix after the last automatic software update downloaded several weeks ago? This is driving me crazy, and no one at Sony seems to be able to help. They have been saying for ten days that they are "working on it." I've tried on my own and with tech support to reninstall factory settings, but that can't be done either. It seems once a software update is installed, its there forever. I'm losing patience. Any suggestions? Anyone else in this situation?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
vmoorthy

Re: Netflix stopped working!

Hi,

I found this and had to register to post, but YOU'RE NOT ALONE... At least i think you're not.  For the past little while I've been unable to access netflix/youtube or any of the services on my kdl32ex700.  I can still access my slacker radio (thankfully).

This seems to stem from the most recent firmware for me as well.

I can open Netflix and youtube, but I just get the little white spinning wheel in the top right.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
dmac

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Our set is only a few months old, and this is awfully frustrating! Last night someone from Sony tried to call me, I'm sure just to say to continue to be patient, at 8:00 p.m. during our daughter's birthday celebration. I asked if they could please call me back today, and still haven't heard back. Maybe if more of us complained they'd give this fix a progrmming priority? Or recall the t.v.'s?

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

I'm sorry to hear about what is happening with your TV. I need more information regarding this matter so that we can assist you further, please get back to us with the following information. Are you getting any error message when trying to access Netflix? If yes, what is the error message? Are other internet applications working? What is the model no. of your TV? What is the current software version of your TV? 

Please use plain text.
alx Tuning Up
Tuning Up
alx

My tv also stopped working :smileysad:

I love Sony products but I noticed about two weeks I could not access Netflix.

My TV is a BRAVIA

Model: KDL-55EX711

Serial No: 8003901

Any suggestions to fixing it?

Best,

Alx

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

I need more information regarding this issue that you are having with the TV. Please get back to us with the following information.

Are you getting any error message when you try to access Netflix? If yes, what is the error message?

Are other internet applications working? 

Please use plain text.
alx Tuning Up
Tuning Up
alx

Hi All!

After spending 1hr  time Chatting with technical support at SONY [Kyle].

I was able to get my Netflix back up.

It turns out you have to do a complete factory reset of a Sony Bravia!!!

http://www.fixya.com/support/t2222933-complete_factory_reset_sony_bravia_kdl

Describes the process very well and you should follow it step by step.

Too bad the person monitoring this could not just post something like this and tell us about it.

But there you have it.

Best,

Me!

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

There are troubleshooting steps that needs to be done to resolve a particular Netflix issue before resetting the TV to factory default settings. 

Please use plain text.