Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Message 1 of 36 (2,588 Views)

Remote issues

I have had a couple of remote-specific issues:

1) I would like it if the colored buttons on the Sony remote mapped directly to the colored and lettered (A,B,C,D) buttons on Scientific Atlanta's Tuner/DVR boxes. That is the one feature that makes it impossible to stop using my Scientific Atlanta Remote (I have an 8240HDC DVR). I know a lot of people use this box with their cable company, so this change would improve the experience of a great number of users.

2) I have a Sony STR-DE925 receiver and for some reason, it's not on the included list of Sony receiver remote codes, so there's another remote I have to keep around. I was surprised that it wasn't included, but being an older model I suppose it was overlooked. That said, my Scientific Atlanta remote had a code for it, so why can't the code simply be added for this Sony product to support their own device?
New Contributor
Message 2 of 36 (2,580 Views)

Re: Remote issues

I am in the exact same situation as you! I just received a Scientific Atlanta DVR box today from my cable company and almost everything works with the Sony remote, EXCEPT for the colored A B C D buttons. Sadly, the red blue green yellow buttons on the google remote don't work with the DVR.

I currently am using code 11877, which yields great results except for the colored buttons.

The Scientific Atlanta DVR box is an Explorer 8300HDC.
Message 3 of 36 (2,581 Views)

I agree, that the lack of ability to use the colored buttons is requiring that I keep my Scientific Atl cable box remote.

Also I cannot figure out how to bounce back to the previous channel I was watching.
New Contributor
Message 4 of 36 (2,580 Views)

The cable box integration is well implemented on the Google TV. So close to being able to get rid of the cable remote, but as stated by others above we need to see the "color" Fn keys work the A, B, C buttons on the Scientific Atlanta / Time Warner cable box. And the cable box power off function as stated in another thread.
New Contributor
Message 5 of 36 (2,580 Views)

I'm having the same problem with my SA 8300HD set-top box. I've tried all the codes I could find, but none will make the colored keys work.
Message 6 of 36 (2,580 Views)

Engineering has been made aware of the current functionality of the color buttons. Please review this forum for any firmware updates or changes.
New Contributor
Message 7 of 36 (2,580 Views)

Cable Remote A, B, and C Buttons

I have a Samsung cable box (SMT-H3270) from Bright House networks and every function of the cable DVR remote works, except for the yellow triangle A button, the blue B square button, and the red round C button.

You would think that the yellow, blue and red button on the Sony universal remote would translate but they don't seem to.

Anyone had luck with this?
Contributor
Message 8 of 36 (2,580 Views)

Re: Cable Remote A, B, and C Buttons

This is a feature I know a LOT of us are hoping for, this is critical to DVR operation using the Google TV remote with a vast range of cable boxes. It would be greatly appreciated if you (Dan or someone else) would let us know if this is an issue being worked on, and if it isn't, please ask that it be given attention. It's key to the remote and Google TV being perceived by a lot of users as functioning properly and completely.

On a side note, I would really like to know if support for more AVR/AMP remote codes are in development. I have a Sony STR-DE925, and there is no available remote code for it, yet my cable company's remote found a code with little effort. I would really love to know that there are more remote codes coming, and that the ABCD (YellowBlueRedGreen) button issues are being addresed. Thank you for helping with this Dan, it means a lot.

I'd also like to mention that the current Netflix interface, that was released in the last update, is now my favorite Netflix interface on any platform I've used. It's fantastic. Really an excellent job on that.
New Contributor
Message 9 of 36 (2,580 Views)

I've got this same problem. Anyone? Hello?
New Contributor
Message 10 of 36 (2,580 Views)

Yeah I've got the same thing going on, I still can't figure out why I have these colored buttons Yellow Blue Red Green on my Sony remote and A,B,C,D lettered buttons on my Logitech remote, and all the other buttons work, but these do nothing. If it helps I have a Scientific Atlanta HD DVR box with Time Warner, I assume like the people above this is a box that a lot of people have.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook