Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Message 11 of 36 (678 Views)

Re: Cable Remote A, B, and C Buttons

I would have to say this is #1 thing I would like to see fixed. When you are doing most any kind of DVR settings with my SA 8300 DVR on Time Warner Cable, you need the ABC buttons. You also need them for some of the advanced functions of the guide. Without a way to do these on the remote, I am forced to keep the old set-up box remote around only to press these three buttons. Very annoying!!

As it appears that the remote functions are the same across the multiple Google TV platforms, I would guess this is an issue that Google need to fix, but I am hopeful that Sony has the leverage with Google to make fixing this a priority.
Contributor
Message 12 of 36 (678 Views)

And another week passed without any acknowledgement of an issue that has existed since release day. Really, honestly, a lot of people out there use these Scientific Atlanta boxes!

Please give us some kind of response. This is a major integration issue (one of the few remaining) that affects a lot of your customers. I see other issues getting responses every week, and not a single one for this issue, after months of asking. Hard to understand this situation.
Contributor
Message 13 of 36 (678 Views)

I was wondering the same thing...every function to conrtol my DVR cablebox works except this one.

Please update and fix this problem!
Contributor
Message 14 of 36 (678 Views)

I'm sorry to bump this up, but we really have been waiting an exceptionally long time without any answer whatsoever. Do these buttons do anything for any users at this point? Are Scientific Atlanta box users rare enough that this is considered an insignificant usability issue by engineering?

This hasn't been addressed even once since the release of the platform. I understand that the mods and engineers are under a lot of pressure to respond to a lot of issues, so please don't take this the wrong way. I just want to make sure this issue doesn't fall through the cracks.
Contributor
Message 15 of 36 (678 Views)

This is getting a bit passive aggressive at this point, isn't it? Not one word on this since release, and a whole bunch of other replies every week to numerous topics?

Can these questions be simply and honestly answered:

1) Is Sony aware of these issues?
2) Does Sony intend to fix these issues or not?

Thank you for your time.
Contributor
Message 16 of 36 (678 Views)

My mistake, it's been so long since I posted on this that I forgot, question 1 was already addressed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=82&t=7658&p=20440#p20440

So, Sony is aware of it. And, the question remains, are there any plans to do something about this?
New Contributor
Message 17 of 36 (678 Views)

Same issue, same question, same depression. Is this some radical new method of customer service?

Just tell us you're fixing this. Even if you have to lie. Lie to us and make us happier.
Message 18 of 36 (680 Views)

I find it amazing that this issue was posted over two months ago and has yet to be addressed. I just purchased my google tv last week and noticed that the colored keys were not working with my Comcast Cisco RNG200 DVR as the Sony Online Help Guide states they are supposed to work. I stopped by Best Buy today to see if they were aware of the problem and could offer a fix. They were not aware, but they did demonstrate for me how the colored keys do work with the Direct TV setup they had in the store. Doesn't help the rest of us out here with Comcast DVR's. I have 30 days to evaluate this TV to see if I want to keep it, but I have to say that if Sony or Google doesn't move fast to resolve this issue, it will probably go back to the store. Please Sony and/or Google, as everyone else has requested in this post, get this problem resolved. I don't want to keep having to nor should I have to grab the Cisco DVR remote to confirm or cancel DVR recordings or utilize any of the other features that should be tied to those colored keys.
New Contributor
Message 19 of 36 (680 Views)

No hope. Never been any hope. Awful people. Awful, useless forum. Answers listed as "resolved", not even close to resolved. "Thank you for your comments."

Rubbish. Rubbish. Rubbish.

Mental.

Terrible, shameful people. Paychecks for what? Why even have such people on the payroll? Just hire one fellow to delete posts with obscenities and don't bother with anyone else, because the job being done here is really one of the most dreadful jobs of customer relations of all time.

It's beyond hope asking for help with this issue, which has been an issue since day one, and not addressed in any way shape or form since that day.

You are terrible people and you must know, on some level, that your careers are shams.
Contributor
Message 20 of 36 (678 Views)

Wow, over 3 months requesting this issue be resolved so we don't have to control our DVR"s with 2 different remotes!

Is it really that hard to figure this out? Maybe Sony needs to hire some of it's customers to help with tech issues...seems they know WAY more than the monkeys you have working.

It would be nice at the very least to have our request/questions answered HONESTLY. As in...Are you ever going to address this issue properly?????

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook