Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Message 21 of 36 (572 Views)

Re: Cable Remote A, B, and C Buttons

It's really not asking too much to get a proper response/acknowledgement of this issue without having posts deleted. Even given the low quality of service on this board, I am surprised this has happened.

If we could get a real answer, from a believable source, that this issue is being addressed, which we haven't gotten once since product release, that would be very much appreciated.
Contributor
Message 22 of 36 (572 Views)

The lack of any real response to these post is completely UN-PROFESSIONAL! I have waited over 6 months for a software fix on this obvious blunder and have heard NOTHING!!!!!
I love this system but seriously having to hold onto my cable remote every time I want use my cablebox DVR is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Message 23 of 36 (575 Views)

All:

I have received no new updates on this issue from engineering. I have raised the issue again as one of major concern and am waiting for a response. If there are any updates I will post them here and in the announcements section.
Contributor
Message 24 of 36 (572 Views)

Thank you Dan, it is good to know that engineering is aware of this issue, and I'm grateful for your efforts.
Message 25 of 36 (572 Views)

Re: Keyboard Functions/Buttons

i have a problem with the remote for my sony 46"gtv this remote cant replicate the a,b,c, buttons on my scitific atlantic explorer 8300 hdc remote
this means i have to use the contoller that came with my cable box to record a show or to use on demand
you would think sony would have had like 4 buttons on reserve for programable buttons
anyone have any idea's?
New Contributor
Message 26 of 36 (573 Views)

Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC A B C Control

I have my NSX-40GT1 set up with a Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC DVR. This is a very popular DVR.

The Remote Control for Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC has an "A" Yellow Triangle button, a Blue "B" Square button and a Red "C" Round button. These buttons are critical for acknowledging commands on the Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC.

The Logitech Google TV system has these button on their system when you hit the following combination of keys on their remote:

[Fn]+[5] = (A, Yellow Triangle)

[Fn]+[6] = (B, Blue Square)

[Fn]+[7] = (C, Red Circle)

Sony needs to add an update their system so their remotes will acknowledge these commands.
New Contributor
Message 27 of 36 (574 Views)

I just made a new post about this. I didn't find it when i first google it. We need the A, B, C button.

The Logitech Google TV system does it with a combination of keys:

[Fn]+[5] = (A, Yellow Triangle)

[Fn]+[6] = (B, Blue Square)

[Fn]+[7] = (C, Red Circle)

It should be easy for Sony to add this update.
Contributor
Message 28 of 36 (576 Views)

"It should be easy for Sony to add this update"

Yeah if they gave a Rats Ass! We have been asking for close to a year and NOTHING!!!!!
Message 29 of 36 (575 Views)

Just a reminder to the fine Sony people that this issue is still unresolved. I just purchased a new Sony Internet TV and was appalled to find such a glaring limitation using a standard cable box - SA 8300HD. Why put a DVR button on this control if I can't ever "Accept" a new recording (yellow button if you need reminding).
Occasional Contributor
Message 30 of 36 (575 Views)

Are there any plans for Sony to ever release a firmware update that will allow for the A-B-C-D colored button pushes to be forwarded to DVRs? Currently the Sony driver intercepts those key presses and does not forward them to the DVR. I would label this as a repeatable bug that seriously impacts the usability of your product.

It has been well over a year since a year since this was first reported. The Logitech software engineers fixed it very quickly for the Revue. My guess is that a Sony software engineer fixed this bug long ago but for some reason Sony engineering doesn't want to send out an upgrade for your firmware. So, are there any plans for a firmware update for the Sony Internet TV?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook