Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 31 of 36 (776 Views)

Re: Cable Remote A, B, and C Buttons

Still having this problem. Tech support on the chat seems clueless.
New Contributor
Message 32 of 36 (776 Views)

I own 2 Sony Google TV’s. I have cox cable with a Cisco Explorer 8642HDC DVR box. I cannot exclusively use the Sony remote because of this A/B/C button issue.

I’m shocked that this A/B/C button issue has not been resolved. This appears to have been a known issue to Sony for more than a year. Like many others, I purchased Google TV to have unified/integrated control of my TV system. Sony advertises the system as a simplified experience and claims to have an “intuitive handled keypad”. The remote is displayed prominently in all of your advertising photos and in many cases the remote is displayed in front of the box itself. Neglecting this issue is nothing short of lying to customers.

Can this please get some attention? An updated acknowledgement would be nice.
A company like Sony and a product like Google TV must be more agile than this.

Don’t make us feel stupid for being a Sony consumer.
New Contributor
Message 33 of 36 (777 Views)

Can someone at Sony give us an answer? Called tech support, but it was a total waste of time. "Those colored buttons are for use with certain blueray titles". Yes, we know that, but most of the other buttons on the remote are used for one thing with blueray and another when using the cable box. This is the one issue keeping me from recommending this to friends.
New Contributor
Message 34 of 36 (776 Views)

Update:
I emailed Sony customer service about this issue. They responded with a request for me to call: (800) 222-7669. I got a final answer from Sony.

Summary:
I spoke to several reps and played the transfer me around game for nearly an hour. Eventually I was transferred to Development in San Diego CA. The rep from Development was the worst of them all (horrible attitude). I explained the problem in specific detail. He confirmed Sony will not support the buttons and has no future updates or fixes planned. It was made clear to me that there is no hope. The buttons will never work as we expect. As he rushed me off the phone he also confirmed that if I don’t like it I shouldn’t buy Sony products.

When I first encountered this problem I assumed there was a fix available. It took me months of dealing with dual remotes before I decided to get to the bottom of it. After discovering this forum I figured a solution had been found or was on the way. To realize this issue is more than a year old and still receiving neglect was surprising. I decided to put some work into this and try to get an answer. The Sony response and service was horrible.

My conclusion:
I grew up in a house where Sony was considered a high end product. Sony was almost always among the most expensive but it seemed to come with certain reassurances of quality and customer care. Sadly this is no longer true. Sony has zero credibility. I’m now a former Sony customer and I can’t recommend any of their products. I will be going out of my way to point this out to anyone who will listen.

I suggest anyone with interest to contact Sony. Perhaps with enough noise they will offer what should be an easy fix.
New Contributor
Message 35 of 36 (776 Views)

Sony, we're still waiting! Can we at least get a reply?

As things stand now, when anyone ask what kind of Smart TV they should buy, it certainly waon't be Sony that gets recommended.
Rookie
Message 36 of 36 (137 Views)

nice post.its really helpful
Henna Designs Artist

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook