Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 3 (3,099 Views)

SMP N200 Not Responding to Remote

I've replaced the battery (battery is delivering 3.27 volts to the control), and I've pulled the battery out and attempted a factory reset by pushing each button twice. However, the media player is not responding to the RMT-D302 remote.

What else can I do to get my media player system to work again?

FOLLOW UP: I just now determined that the remote works as long as it's about 3" from the media player box. What can I do to get the remote to respond correctly at longer distances? The system and remove have been working fine until today.

---Rich
Expert
Message 2 of 3 (3,099 Views)

Re: SMP N200 Not Responding to Remote

Hello Rich,

Welcome to the Users Discussion Forums. If possible, try to replace the remote control first. Also notice where you have the SMP-N200 place because it can somewhat affect the performance of remote sensor on the SMP-N200. Please contact Sony support directly for further service options if required.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-sy ... OR=CONTACT
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (402 Views)

Re: SMP N200 Not Responding to Remote

We had the same issue and after trying several things without luck we noticed the tongs inside of the remote (where the battery goes) were bent and not making full contact with the battery. Using a pair of scissors to bend them back and returning the battery and cable to the remote it is now working like a champ!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook