Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

ALD
ALD

SMP-N200 to play Music from DLNA

I'm having a hard time trying to use the music player to reproduce files from a NAS on a recently bought SMP-N200.

The HMI would just allow me to choose between Artist, Album and Genre, but everything seems to get mixed up inside each category.

Isn't any way to filter the results by a second category?
For example, finding only the albums that correspond to a particular Artist.

How can I order the list by tracks instead of alphabetic name? or how can I play them in a random order?
Is it possible to reproduce a playlist? in which format should that playlist be?

Is it that I'm missing something or the HMI is that basic?

Is it there any plan to include a fully functional player app in a future firmware revision?
Please use plain text.
Dan_OMara

Re: SMP-N200 to play Music from DLNA

Welcome to the Sony Sponsored User Discussion Forums:
Thank you for posting!

The player is in fact a very simply version and does not come with features beyond the ability to play files. You have not overlooked anything the player is basic.

I am not aware of any development that may be taking place to introduce a fully featured player. I will pass your request forward to product planning and development for consideration.
Please use plain text.