Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Tuning Up
jrmtl
Accepted Solution

Screen Mirroring Tablet Z to HX950 XBR tv

Hello,

I just recently purchased the xperia tablet Z and would like to screen mirror it to my XBR HX950.

I tried the wi-fi direct and activating the screen mirroring on my tablet but that's apparently not how to do it.

I've heard of Miracast but nothing in my tv manual mentions this ?

any ideas

Much appreciated

Johnny

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: Screen Mirroring Tablet Z to HX950 XBR tv

Screen Mirroring is a way to display the screen of mobile device by using Miracast technology. Screen mirroring is able to take the joy in viewing something on the small screen of a smartphone, tablet or other mobile device and display it on the big screen of a TV. In order to use the Screen Mirroring feature, the TV and the mobile device must support Screen Mirroring. Based on the specifications of the XBR55HX950 and XBR65HX950, both units does not support Screen Mirroring. 

Wi-Fi Direct is supported by the XBRHX950 series TV's. To get started using Wi-Fi Direct, you need the following:

• A Wi-Fi Direct compliant Android device or Apple mobile digital device that is connected wirelessly to the TV.
  • A Wi-Fi Direct capable Bravia TV.
  • A DLNA controller application (App) downloaded and installed on the device. The App plays or pushes the content stored on the device to the TV.
Once you have all of the requirements listed above, follow the additional information to set-up the Wi-fi Direct feature.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jrmtl

[ Edited ]

Thank you for response !

So in my case with the tablet Z you are saying that I would need a DLNA app on my tablet ?

what are the recommendations in the google play store ?

Thanks

Johnny

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Yes, you need a DLNA app on your tablet. The App will play or push the content stored on the device to the TV. 

You can try the iMedia Share. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jrmtl

OK Thx!

I basically just wanted to mirro my tablet screen ( i.e web page or actual navigation on tablet ) but I guess it seems like imediashare only pushes music and videos

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Screen mirroring is not supported by your TV thus its not possible for you to display the screen of your tablet into the TV. You can also share pictures using the iMedia Share. 

Please use plain text.