Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 18 (10,450 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia just won't connect to wifi router

I had the same problem on my bravia KDL- 43WD750. Nothing helped me to solve it. Many times resetting either modem or tv, factory settings etc.

If your router supports WPS then you have luck. Just turn WPS fucntion on by simply pressing the button on the router, and connect via WPS on your TV then refresh the internet content. Afterwards you can connect to wifi normally by just scanning the wireless connections. In this way the WPS fucntion will be turned off. 

It worked pretty fine with me. Eventually I reset both the modem and the tv. It worked still fine.

Note: If you have to connect via WPS again then you have to touch the button and perform the further instructions as mentioned above.

Message 12 of 18 (10,435 Views)

Hi Oathbreaker,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 13 of 18 (9,829 Views)

Hello to everybody having this problem. It has been frustrating me for a very long time now, and I have scoured the google seach results to no avail. And it looks like Sony is absolutly zero help to TONS of people having this problem. 
However, I'm not 100% certain, but I think I found a solution. t least, it's been working for me so far. 

Heres what I did: 

Settings>Network>Advanced Settings>IPv6 setup>Disable IPv6

I have had no problems since. I hope it works for you too.

If so, let me know...

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 18 (9,586 Views)

Yep, that was the solution for me as well - disable IPv6. The reason being, my ISP doesn't support IPv6!  Not sure how IPv6 was enabled as I don't recall doing it. Wish I had found your post earlier as I've been looking for a solution for a few weeks - only found it last night after already guessing that might solve the problem. I did see a notice on the European Sony support site mentioning the problem with IPv6 and the need to disable it. Happy as Larry now. Smiley Happy

Rookie
Message 15 of 18 (9,403 Views)

good day! i also have a kdl-40w657d that won't connect to my wireless router.at first it worked but one time i unplugged it due to an unexpected power interruption freaked out that might cause fluctuation so i unplugged it.when the power was back i plugged it again turned the tv on but connection was lost,seems like the setup was reset.now,how can i connect it back again to my wireless router?
Rookie
Message 16 of 18 (9,391 Views)

good day! i also have a kdl-40w657d that won't connect to my wireless router.at first it worked but one time i unplugged it due to an unexpected power interruption freaked out that might cause fluctuation so i unplugged it.when the power was back i plugged it again turned the tv on but connection was lost,seems like the setup was reset.now,how can i connect it back again to my wireless router?
Message 17 of 18 (9,354 Views)

Hi Katmuyrong,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Highlighted
Message 18 of 18 (9,310 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi katmuyrong

Have you tried doing the network setup again? If not, you can try setting the network again by following the the below steps:

1. Press the HOME button on the remote.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Network setup.
  5. Select Set up network connection or Wireless Setup.
  6. Select the connection method.
    • When connecting automatically with the WPS button on your wireless router (or access point)
      Select Easy, Auto or WPS (Push Button).
    • When connecting manually after selecting a network from the list of scanned wireless networks
      Select Expert, Custom or Scan.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

IMPORTANT:

• If you are using a wireless hub, router or game adapter, you must select Wired Setup instead of Wireless Setup. The Wireless Setup is only for use with Sony wireless LAN ready TVs (with USB Wireless LAN Adapter UWA-BR100) or Built-in Wireless LAN TVs.
  • For the Wireless LAN Ready TVs, only the UWA-BR100 is supported. PC USB Wireless LAN adapters are not supported.
  • Using the network feature, you can connect your TV to the Internet. The setup procedure differs depending on the type of network and LAN router. Before setting up your Internet connection, be sure to set up a wireless LAN router

For more details, you can also refer to a list of FAQs that could be helpful for you. 

Thanks!

Regards

Ann

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook