Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 18 (62,646 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Bravia just won't connect to wifi router

Hi all,

I have a Sony Bravia with a wifi dongle that worked perfectly with my router. However, recently, it simply stopped working and despite following advice on this and other forums, cannot get it to reconnect.

I connected via ethernet cable, which worked, to check for software updates. None available.

Every time I try to connect, I get error 1106 and it tells me it's found the USB dongle but has FAILED to connect to the router.

I've tried connecting via the WPS method, I've amended the ISP, the DNS numbers as suggested... I'm out of options!

Any advice out there?
Many thanks in advance...

Message 2 of 18 (62,558 Views)

Re: Sony Bravia just won't connect to wifi router

Hello mistercp, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

NOTE: For further asssitance, let us know with the model number of TV. As alternative, check the link below: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264

This error message is displayed when an Internet content is selected or Refresh Internet Content is performed and the Domain Name System (DNS) was unable to resolve. Follow the steps to check the Internet connection.

• Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
  • Select Help.
  • Select Customer Support.
  • Select Internet Connectivity Symptoms.
  • Press the Enter button.

NOTE: The connection diagnosis will start and the diagnosis result will be displayed on the TV screen.

Depending on the diagnosis result, check the steps below.

1. Power reset the television.
2. Reset the connection between the router and modem by disconnecting then reconnecting the devices.
3. Check if your other devices such as a computer is connected to the Internet.
4. Fix the DNS server address if the address is described in the account information of the Internet connection.

NOTES:

• Generally, the address of the DNS server is described in a document that is sent when subscribing to an Internet service provider.
  • If the setting of DNS is unknown because the contract document is not found, contact your service provider to retrieve the DNS address.

5. If the Internet Service Provider (ISP) does not provide the address of the DNS server, manually set the Primary DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS address to 8.8.4.4 in the Network Setup of the television.

6. Update the television to its latest software version. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.

Hopefully this post helps you to resolve your concern. Please, mark it "accept as solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 18 (62,545 Views)

Thanks for this - the model number is KDL 47EX723. If you have any other advice that may affect this model particularly then please let me know.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 18 (62,463 Views)

I have SONY TV model number KDL 55W802A.   I cannot connect my router to the TV. The router is hardwired to the TV, but connectivity fails under the network setup feature.  I inserted the Primary and alternate DNS numbers from my internet provider to no avail.  I have turned off all of the devices before attempting the setup procedure.  Can you help me?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 18 (62,460 Views)

Physical is OK

Local Access is OK

Internet access failed

Any suggestions for me?

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 18 (62,458 Views)

Maybe the router is not capable to handle computer connection, internet phone, mobile phone and the TV at the same time. I have N300 Linksys router. I don't believe it is a dual bandwidth router.
Message 7 of 18 (62,366 Views)

Hi drscott,

Welcome and Thank You for considering SONY Community!

We apologize for the late reply.

Please refer to the link below for possible troubleshooting step to fix the issue with your KDL55W802A:

I hope this helps.

Regards,

^Ron

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 18 (62,340 Views)

Thanks Ron! 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 18 (62,155 Views)

Accept as solution
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 18 (44,435 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a linksys WRT1900ac:

I needed to set the 5ghz from Mixed Mode to "802.11n only", for the WiFi to always connect:

Then the TV wasn't getting the correct DNS1 from the router so I had to remove the DHCP reservation I had setup on the router. Then I set a Static IP on the TV outside the range of the DHCP server list. 

So my DHCP server assigns IPs  in the range 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199

I set the TV to

IP: 192.168.1.201

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Network Prefix: 24

DNS1: 192.168.1.1

DNS2: Left Blank

Now it all works good!

Hope this helps somebody.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook