Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 19 (2,895 Views)

Re: TenPlay "Content Error" on Bravia TV KDL-40HX750

Yes I too have tried all of the steps above without success. The other similar apps all work.

One workaround until they fix the app is to go to Channel Ten on the TV then hit the Freeview button on the remote and navigate to the show you want.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 19 (2,889 Views)

Still no good here either. No freeview as well :-(

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 19 (1,846 Views)

Has anyone managed to find any solutions? I have this problem ("content error") on both the Plus7 and TenPlay apps.

iView and SBS On Demand work fine.

Rookie
Message 14 of 19 (1,350 Views)

Hi,

I am also having the "Content Error" message when I try to view anything on 10 Play or Plus 7, everything else works fine.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-55HX750

I can see the preview screen but as soon as I select a program the error comes up.

I have turned off, unplugged, reset to factory defaults, set up network and everything else that has been suggested but all to no avail.

Has anyone had ANY LUCK with this fault as it is starting to get annoying.

Thanks

Stephen

Message 15 of 19 (1,325 Views)

Hi stephenar

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

It seems that issue is mostly in Asia-Pacific region. If you followed 

For best assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Rookie
Message 16 of 19 (1,298 Views)

Hi Vincent,

I have spoken to Sony Australia Tech Support and explained all the steps I have take to correct this problem including DaveJ's list of possible fixes and have been told by Sony that the issue lies with updates done by 10 Play and 7 Catch Up and not the Sony Television.

Is it just me or does this sound like something Sony should be providing an update for in order to enable us to use the functions of the product we paid good money for?

I do find it strange that I can access all the 10 Play and Sony Catch Up TV's preview screen which means the Television is obviously connecting to their server, yet once an item is selected we get "Content Error" again.

I am using the NBN so speed should not be an issue as tests show 89Mbs Download rate, considerably more than the 6Mbs recommended by Sony.

When I ping the Televison I am getting between 4 - 7ms so it does not appear to be a network error.

I would like to hear your view on this information and what you think can be done to fix it?

Thanks

Stephen

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 19 (1,274 Views)

stephenar wrote:

Hi Vincent,

I have spoken to Sony Australia Tech Support and explained all the steps I have take to correct this problem including DaveJ's list of possible fixes and have been told by Sony that the issue lies with updates done by 10 Play and 7 Catch Up and not the Sony Television.

Is it just me or does this sound like something Sony should be providing an update for in order to enable us to use the functions of the product we paid good money for?

What tech support said is correct. I read somewhere else (can't find the link now) the updates made for TenPlay and Plus7 require support for embedded HTML5 (or something along those lines). This is not something that would likely be fixed given the TV is now over 5 years old (and perhaps due to hardware limitations).

Unfortunately, in this era of smart tvs and apps, you cannot rely on any feature/service being there forever - companies can pull the plug (e.g. Skype for TV is now gone) or make changes that are incompatible with older devices.

The best advice I can give is when purchasing a new TV (or device) is don't assume any of the smart features will always be around. Any claims of an all in one solution will eventually have it's limitation. Oddly enough, perhaps the best approach for future proofing is to revert back to what was done in the past - have a separate box for separate functions. If one of the features goes away, you can replace that. I'm awaiting the release of the new FetchTV box which has all the catchup features and a PVR to replace my aging one.

Rookie
Message 18 of 19 (65 Views)

Hi All,

I have been having a similar problem where I had established an internet connection but could not assess any of the Sony Internet Content. 

Today I found a solution. All I needed to do was a firmware update. I am in Australia and this was the link I used with the instructions on how to do an update and download firmware update. You may need to do an update for your location. But this should give to some idea of where to look.
http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-legacy-lcd-tv/kdl-40hx750/downloads/Y001513.

Just follow the instruction in the above link. 

NOTE this download relates to the Asia Pacific region - please confirm your region to ensure you have the correct firmware download for your area.

Hope that helps some of you.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 19 of 19 (34 Views)

Hi jfer,

Can you confirm that 7Plus and TenPlay are working?

I was already using the latest firmware when I last tested and they didn't work.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook