Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 19 (8,301 Views)

TenPlay "Content Error" on Bravia TV KDL-40HX750

Hi,

I'm trying to access TenPlay catchup tv on my tv in Australia and when I select a show to watch, all I get is a "content error" message.

I don't seem to be able to find out why this is occurring.

Can anyone help ?

Regards,

Paul

Message 2 of 19 (8,265 Views)

Re: TenPlay "Content Error" on Bravia TV KDL-40HX750

Hi Frostypd,

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Please try the following troubleshooting steps: 

Refresh Internet Content

1. Perform [Refresh Internet Content].Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] → [Network] → [Refresh Internet Content].
  2. If the problem still exist, perform step 1 again.

Software update

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] at the bottom of the screen using the / buttons.
  2. Select [Product Support] using the / buttons, then press the button.
  3. Select [Automatic Software Download] using the / buttons, then press the button.
  4. Select [On] using the / buttons, then press the button.
  5. After the download is complete, a confirmation message about starting an update appears when you turn on the TV.

To return to the last viewed source, press the HOME button twice

Factory Reset

1. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  2. Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
  3. Plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.

IMPORTANT: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, go ahead and turn it on.

4. While the TV is turned on, unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet as before.
  5. Allow the TV to remain without power for another minute.
  6. Perform a factory reset.

1. After a picture or display information appears, wait two seconds and then press and hold the up arrowbutton on the remote control.IMPORTANT: Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV.
    2. While holding the up arrow button, press and release the Power on button on the side of the TV. Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.

NOTE: If the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, thereset will not work properly. In this case, start this procedure again.

3. Release the up arrow button on the remote control and wait for the TV to reset.
    NOTES:
    • If the Reset message does not appear and the TV turns off and on, begin again from step 5.
    • If the standby light begins blinking eight times, return to step 1.
  7. After the Reset message appears, allow the TV to reset. Do not press any buttons on the remote control or on theTV and do not make any other adjustments for 1 minute.
  8. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  9. Allow the TV to remain without power for 10 seconds.
  10. Plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.
  11. Turn on the TV.NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
  12. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial set up.

IMPORTANT: If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn or disable the network connection then repeat the procedure from step 1.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 19 (8,180 Views)

Cheers,

Will try at some stage soon.

Paul

Rookie
Message 4 of 19 (7,858 Views)

I have had the same "content error" on a KDL-46HX850 for the last 2 months.  Tried power off/on, internet content update and factory reset with no success.

Message 5 of 19 (7,803 Views)

Hi simonspence74,

Please make sure you have a stable internet connection and your TV software is ppdated. 

If the issue is still persist, please manually set the Internet settings on your television. Kindly check the steps below: 

1. Obtain the following IP information from your computer.
    • IP address or IPv4 address
    • Subnet Mask
    • Default Gateway
    • Primary DNS or DNS server
    • Secondary DNS

NOTE: If you are already connected to the internet, the IP information can also be obtained from the network connection status of the device.

2. Using the remote supplied with your Internet video device, press the Home or Menu button.
  3. Select Setup or Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Select Network Setup.
  6. Depending on how the device is connected to your network, select either Wired or Wireless.
  7. Select Manual or Custom.  (If these options are not available, an IP address cannot be manually set on your model.) 

NOTE: For secured wireless setup, a Network security key needs to be entered before the IP address and Proxy server setting screen is displayed.

8. Enter the IP information for the Internet video device obtained on Step 1.
    • IP address: The IP address should be the same, except for the last number in the four-number sequence. Change the last number to a number higher than the original but less than 254. For example, if the IPaddress shown on your computer is 192.168.0.5, enter 192.168.0.105
    • Subnet Mask: Enter the Subnet mask exactly as attained from the computer.
    • Default Gateway: Enter the Default Gateway exactly as attained from the computer.
    • Primary DNS: Enter the Primary DNS or DNS server shown on the computer or copy the Default gateway if one is not provided.
    • Secondary DNS: Enter the secondary DNS shown on the computer or leave the information to sequence of zeroes. (0.0.0.0)

NOTE: Sony® Internet Video devices do not use a proxy server. Select NO if prompted to use a proxy server.

9. Select Save and Connect to establish a Network connection.

NOTE: For certain models, it may not be possible to manually set the IP address when using the wireless.connection option.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 19 (7,795 Views)

Will finally try this today.

Rookie
Message 7 of 19 (7,571 Views)

Any luck Paul? I am having the same problem with my Bravia KDL-48W700C.
Rookie
Message 8 of 19 (7,518 Views)

I've tried all of the above and still get the "content error". Don't know what to do next.
Rookie
Message 9 of 19 (7,462 Views)

I have the same problem with the TenPlay app.  The issue appears to be confined to this app only and would like to have it working.  

Fyi, ABCs iView, SBSOndemand and 7s app all work with out any problem, so it suggests that it is not a network issue, hence why I have not tried the suggestions above.

Rookie
Message 10 of 19 (7,462 Views)

I have the same problem with the TenPlay app with a newer Sony TV.

WendyG wrote:
I've tried all of the above and still get the "content error". Don't know what to do next.

The issue appears to be confined to this app only and would like to have it working.  

Fyi, ABCs iView, SBSOndemand and 7s app all work with out any problem, so it suggests that it is not a network issue, hence why I have not tried the suggestions above.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook