Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (748 Views)

Update fail and TV hung

I turned on the TV and screen popped up saying an update is available and it will take 30 minutes and I should not turn it off until update is complete. It also said, when it's done, the TV will restart on it's own. But even after 30 minutes, there was no change. i waited for 1 hour more but nothing. Then I switched off the power supply and switched it back on. The TV screen went directly to the update and it shiwed no progress. Waiter for 3 more hours, no change.
There was no issue with my WiFi. And the remote won't work. I tried resetting it but no change. After about 6 hours, I gave up and switched it off.
What should I do now?
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (722 Views)

Re: Update fail and TV hung

It happens to my LED also and the same has been faced. After update, the screen is only blinking showing SONY and there is no other response no matter how many times it was switched off and on. I don't understand how such a problematic update has been allowed to users.
Message 3 of 4 (681 Views)

Hi, Suraiachowdhury

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Could you provide the exact model number of your Sony Bravia TV? 

Regards,

Vincent 

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (490 Views)

My KDL 55HX929 is stuck in the same loop. It starts to update, dots spinning in top right corner and a progress bar is about 2/3rds complete but no further progress after nearly an hour.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook