Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 16 (1,443 Views)

Re: White screen

I have the Sony TV and my screen went white I'm still waiting it to go back to normal what can I do to fix it is it a big fix it's not old TV is probably six years old and it's a flat screen TV Paid lots of money for it because of the name but I guess should not be the name
Message 12 of 16 (1,408 Views)

Hi Ponam,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry to hear what happened with the TV. We recommend performing a power reset to isolate the issue. Follow the steps below to perform a power reset on a TV.

1. Turn off the TV.

IMPORTANT: For a projection TV that uses an internal lamp, wait 5 minutes after turning off the TV to allow the lamp to cool before continuing with the following steps.

2. Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
  3. Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.
  4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.

NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

5. Turn on the TV.

NOTES:

• Steps are available on how to perform a factory reset.
  • For Android™ TVs, refer to this answer for steps on how to perform a power reset.

If the issue is unresolved, service is required.

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 13 of 16 (1,145 Views)

My 4months old Sony KDL-50W950D, when switched on would completely become completely white for 3 seconds and then the screen switches off completely with only the bottom red light blinking every 3 seconds. I've switched off and removed the main connection more than 10-15 times, sometimes keeping it unplugged overnight too.
Raised a complaint too, but still unresolved. Service Request ID 41014187 Bangalore.
Message 14 of 16 (1,085 Views)

Hi, Hari9350

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 15 of 16 (119 Views)

same problem as others - my son thought it might be a loose cable so tried pushing this further in and while doing it the clour came back but we have discovered it was because he was moving the TV not because the cable was loose. If we puch the top right coner of the tell while holding the top left the screen is fine but as soon as we let go it goes white again ????

I know this sound weird and unlikely but honestly this is what is happening - any ideS ????

Rookie
Message 16 of 16 (87 Views)

It’s the (T-Con Board) easy to change and very cheap on eBay...... You can YouTube how to fix it. Good luck & let me know how that goes.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook