Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 103 (193,823 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

We have a Bravia smart tv and when after we shut it off for the night, the next morning the internet connection is gone. I am tired of having to reset the router and reset up the tv. We spent approximately 8 hours over 2 days on the phone with Sony...got it to work, but the next morning it did not work again. I am so frustrated.

Expert
Message 3 of 103 (193,802 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

[ Edited ]

Hello Cheryl,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

What is your Sony TV model number?  Is the TV connected to a power strip that also automatically shuts off?

Regards,

Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 103 (193,807 Views)

Bravia Smart Tv loses internet connection after shutdown

We have a Bravia smart tv and when after we shut it off for the night, the next morning the interet connection is gone.  I am tired of having to reset the router and reset up the tv. We spent approximately 8 hours over 2 days on the phone with Sony...got it to work, but the next morning it did not work again.  I am so frustrated.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 103 (193,786 Views)

KDL-46HX750
No it is not connected to a power strip. We turn it off using the remote.
Expert
Message 5 of 103 (193,760 Views)

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your post.  Can you please check and make sure your TV KDL-46HX750 has the latest firmware?

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL46HX750&upd_id=8188&os_group_id=18

Regards,

Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 103 (193,730 Views)

PKG1.507AAA is the software version

Expert
Message 7 of 103 (193,712 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Cheryl,

• Try connecting the TV to the Router via Ethernet cable and check.
  • Confirm the Internet speed meets the minimum recommended specification of 2.5 Mbps for standard definition (SD) content and 10 Mbps for High Definition (HD) content.
  • Test the quality of service of your LAN connection by checking ping, jitter and packet loss. (Ping should be under 30ms, jitter should be less than 3ms, and packet loss should be 0.)
  • If you are using Wireless connection, check if you selected WPA TKIP wireless encryption during the setup operation.
  • To resolve this issue, change the wireless encryption setting in the TV to WPA AES .
  • Go into the Network menu and select Refresh Internet Content.
  • Perform Network setup manually
  • Reset the TV for 3 times from the below link as it may take up to 3 attempts for a full reset to occur.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 103 (193,706 Views)

We tried all these things with someone over  the phone a few weeks ago (case #E56572350), except for the direct ethernet cable (I don't have a 15' cable) and restarting 3 times.  It works until the next morning. 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 103 (193,678 Views)

Tried the restart...it did not help.
Rookie
Message 10 of 103 (193,060 Views)

I have the same problem with my KDL55W802A and i have reset (as it was suggested by Sony support) the TV to the factory settings.  I have replaced 3 routers and i have connected it via Wireless connection as well as wired but to no avail.

I have spent hours on the phone with Sony for a 2 month old tv and still have problems.

Why doenst Sony send someone to fix this?  This is not right that anyone should pay for the tv and then buy the support and not get what the tv is promising to deliver.

I am tired of hitting "retry" every time i want to access an app and then go through the network setup again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook