Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 71 of 99 (2,852 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

My TV does the same thing, $2,000 and it forgets the network in the middle of me using it. It is connected for days and then randomly it will tell me to connect to the internet. I have connected it to my network 100 times! Why does it keep forgetting my network, and in the middle of me using it. I too have done all the things listed. I am super tempted to reutrn this TV under warrnaty and get a different brand. This really is not acceptable in a TV from sont with the pricepoint I paid. 65" 4k TV. 

Message 72 of 99 (2,750 Views)

Hi XCNic,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that the TV losses internet connection when it shutdown. There are factors that we need to consider when it comes to internet connection, such as software version of the TV, connection type if wired or wireless, distance of the TV and the modem or router also the supported network type if it's 5GHz or 2.4GHz. To isolate the problem, kindly check the next link for troubleshooting steps that might possibly fix the issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75355/c/65,66/kw/troubleshooting%20network/session...

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 73 of 99 (1,891 Views)

Same problem for a brand new Sony Bravia 49'' XD8305 4K KD49XD8305BAEP

After putting in stand-by the television the connection results in: connected to the network without internet.

All the other devices are working fine, also from the same position of the TV (so no obstacle).

How to solve this issue?

I'm start thinking that Sony put low brand WiFi module inside their product and the operating system is not tested and optimized for their products (Android TV)

Rookie
Message 74 of 99 (1,870 Views)

Hi Erin, it has nothing to do with my internet and modem as every device in my house does not have this issue. Also, it shows a full signal when I connect. After losing connection, it will not reconnect to my internet until I unplug my tv from the wall and then reconnect it.
Apprentice
Message 75 of 99 (1,866 Views)

It has something to do with the dynamic IP address the Sony TV gets from your DHCP server.

I have fixed the problem in both of my TVs by reserving an IP address in my router for the TV and entering that IP address in the TV setup manually.  Since I did that, my connection has been solid on both TVs.

Sony is a leader in TV technology, not so when it comes to computers.  Unfortunately a smart TV is a combination of the two.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 76 of 99 (1,786 Views)

Hi, fkaufman

Your advice improved reconnection speed, but I still get Retry dialog in YouTube app after waking up. Previously I had to retry several times, but after your fix only once.

But I hope I have found a solution for this issue. You should go to Settings > Network > Home network setup > IP control and turn on Simple IP control. This works for me so far even without static IP address.

Apprentice
Message 77 of 99 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]

That is because your TV is a newer model than mine, and it has a different operating system.  Mine does not have the Simple IP Control function in Setup.

Message 78 of 99 (1,696 Views)

Hi Magic890,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".
Rookie
Message 79 of 99 (1,335 Views)

hey my sony bravia smart tv has a wifi problem when i connect to wifi my tv will resart automatically what should i do please advice me. .
Apprentice
Message 80 of 99 (1,315 Views)

You are posting your question in the wrong place.

This discussion is about losing Internet connectivity, not about the TV rebooting itself.

You will get better answers and faster responses if you post your questions in the right locations.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook