Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 91 of 99 (1,147 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

There is no use of buying Sony Android TV, better buy any other TV and spend 3k for Chrome cast... You can do everything.
Enthusiast
Message 92 of 99 (1,131 Views)

Hello everybody.

Last week I bought a Sony KD-49XD70005 and was having same problems as everyone else.

After rebooting TV, wi-fi network was not working.

My fix was to change the Automatic date & time in system settings from "Use broadcast time" to "Use network time" and now after every reboot, TV acquires time from network and it is always correct.

Previously it was always set to 1.1.2016 after each reboot, and as there was a mismatch between TV and network time - internet did't work.

My TV is an Android OS, so I can't say how it works on other smart TVs.

Well that was my solution, so I share it with you and maybe it will help someone.

Apprentice
Message 93 of 99 (1,120 Views)

If you want a good TV, buy Sony.
If you want a good Smart TV, buy anything but Sony!
Enthusiast
Message 94 of 99 (1,077 Views)

Hi,

It doesn't seem to matter what model you buy, the Android system is the same in each one. As you can see from this looooong thread going back to 2013, everyone has been having the same problem regardless of the model and Sony have done nothing about it; they just don't seem to care once they've got your money.

Buy at your own risk!

Bob

Apprentice
Message 95 of 99 (1,074 Views)

My 2 Sony smart TV-s are not Android based, and I still had Wi-Fi disconnection issues until I assigned a reserved IP address to them in the DHCP router. That has solved that problem.

However, most of the "smart" part of the TV is completely useless (as far as functionality).

The only two functions we ever use is to access Netflix and screen mirroring.
Rookie
Message 96 of 99 (932 Views)

"My fix was to change the Automatic date & time in system settings from "Use broadcast time" to "Use network time" and now after every reboot, TV acquires time from network and it is always correct."

Amazingly this fixed the 'no internet' problem for me. I was connected to WIFI fine, but none of the apps worked. I made the change as what mpslo recommends, and voila, everything works fine again.

Rookie
Message 97 of 99 (898 Views)

I have the exact same issue with my KDL-50W800C.

Everything worked fine up until the latest software update.

Now when I turn off the tv for an extended period of time it disconnects from the wireless, and I have to manually reconnect it each time.  It doesn't even connect after the first try, it fails and I have to retry a second time before it finally connects.

This is very frustrating and really annoying.  

Support says to do a factory reset but I'm sure that will not fix the problem.  I'd love to be able to just roll back the software update if possible but they tell me it's not possible.

I have no choice but to tell them I did a factory reset and let's see what BS they will tell me afterwards.

Message 98 of 99 (815 Views)

Hi Degenerate,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret to hear what happened. In addition to the steps you have performed, we recommend to manually set an IP address to isolate the issue. Setting up the IP address and proxy server settings of the Internet video device depends on the design or settings of the router. If the router has not automatically assigned an IP address to the Internet video device you may be able to set the IP address manually.

IMPORTANT:

• For certain models, it may not be possible to manually set the IP address when using the wireless connection option.

Follow these steps:

1. Obtain the following IP information from your computer.
    • IP address or IPv4 address
    • Subnet Mask
    • Default Gateway

NOTE: If you are already connected to the Internet, the IP information can also be obtained from the network connection status of the device.

2. Using the remote supplied with your Internet video device, press the HOME or MENU button.

NOTE: The network settings of your device varies on the model being used. For model- specific details, refer to the operating instructions that came with the Internet video device.

3. Select Setup or Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Select Network Setup.
  6. Depending on how the device is connected to your network, select either Wired or Wireless.
  7. Select Manual or Custom.(If these options are not available, an IP address cannot be manually set on your model.)

NOTE: For secured wireless setup, a Network security key needs to be entered before the IP address and Proxy server setting screen is displayed.

8. Enter the IP information for the Internet video device obtained on Step 1.
    • IP address: The IP address should be the same, except for the last number in the four-number sequence. Change the last number to a number higher than the original but less than 254. For example, if the IP address shown on your computer is 192.168.0.5, enter 192.168.0.105
    • Subnet Mask: Enter the Subnet mask exactly as attained from the computer.
    • Default Gateway: Enter the Default Gateway exactly as attained from the computer.

NOTES:

• Use 8.8.8.8 for the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the Secondary DNS.
      • Sony® Internet Video devices do not use a proxy server. Select NO if prompted to use a proxy server.
  9. Select Save and Connect to establish a Network connection.

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 99 of 99 (739 Views)

I have a 65X7500D and going through 10 pages of this issue I thought my situation was the worst of all. In my case, after losing the connectivity there was simply nothing that would bring it back. No amount of restarting, rebooting (hold, cold), reconfiguring the whole world helped at all; the internet would remain down for the whole day. Sometimes it wont even connect to Wifi and even had a situation where the TV would not even turn Wifi on. The only solution was to reset the tV to factory defaults and reconfiguring from start.

I tried almost all the solutions including those provided in the thread, like

- Turn off Wifi Direct

- Manually configure Static IP and DHCP reservations

- Power off for some time

- Try different Wifi networks

- Try wired (Ethernet) connectivity

Nothing worked except mpsio's sugegstion "to change the Automatic date & time in system settings from "Use broadcast time" to "Use network time." This has fixed the Internet for now, but the real test would be if tomorrow morning its still working. I dont mind having to reconnect it once - far better than a factory reset.

For some reason, even with no Internet Opera could still open up Sony's pages (hardcoded to open on start). However, whenever I browsed to say google.com a nonsense SSL certificate being "501 days in future" error popped up. This seems to be related to incorrect datetime being the root cause of outage. 

I hope this is helpful for someone.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook