Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 101 of 103 (376 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

besides losing internet connection, some apps require 'force stop' and 'clear cache' in order to use them after it's turned off or a different input is used.  the two that always screw up this way are Sling TV and WatchESPN.    I have a another Sony TV at our home in FL and it has exactly the same problems.  i recently bought a Roku-TV for our den.  it is flawless.  every connection, every app works exactly the way one thinks they should.  

solution.  return your Sony TVs, add reviews to CNET, Amazon and Best Buy and buy Roku or anything other than Sony.

Message 102 of 103 (199 Views)

Hi wdonbrown,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear about this. However, in order for us to better assist you, may we have the exact model number of your TV?

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 103 of 103 (166 Views)

Hi Ron,  I'm happy to give you model numbers but to speed things up, please take some time and read throught the pages of similar complaint.  Hopefully you'll see that the next steps you are likely to recommend from some FAQ sheet the company issues have not helped at all.  None of them (check latest update, reset TV, be  sure all apps are updated, etc ); none of them has solved the problem.  Unless you recommmend something new, we're just wasting bytes and time.

Purchased from Best Buy in Reno Nevada 6/26/17
Sony 55inch TV  XBR-55X700D 

Purchased from Best Buy Lakewood Ranch FL 11/28/16

Sony 65inch TV XBR65X850D 

Can these TVs be returned?

Thanks,

Don

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook