Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 82 (39,356 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to hear about what is happening with your TV. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the TV.

1. Make sure that the TV is already updated with the latest software version. The latest software version available for your TV is PKG3.504AAA.

2. Manually enter the IP address then change the Public DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.

If the issue still persists after following the steps above, please read this article.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 82 (38,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
I have the same issue. I've owned the TV for 3yrs and internet connection has been sketchy. Even using a sling box has been intermittent. Yet my Vizeo TV has had zero issues. I think the problem is the Sony programming. I'm frustrated with this issue and would switch sets except this cost a bunch. I chose Sony for their reputation. That was before I checked the net for reviews. Sony is not user friendly.
Message 13 of 82 (38,491 Views)

Hi carste10!

Thanks for the message. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps above? What is the model number of your TV? You may refer to this link to locate the model number.

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 82 (38,478 Views)

The model is KDL-46NX711. I've done factory resets, manually input adresses, etc. BTW, tonight it connected perfectly. When I check the internet connection I get the three OKs and the screen tells me that I'm good to go. But it does not connect. The sling box readout tells me I've got good power, I'm on a good powerline for connectivity, and the port is linked and indicating that I have 80Mbps capability, but that there is no activity on the link. That tells me that the TV doesn't want to play.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 82 (38,442 Views)

There is no solution to this query ? Please help .....

in the below message post , there is Solution Solved but can't see it ?

Message 16 of 82 (38,401 Views)

Thank you for getting back to us, carste10. Please go to www.2wire.com to check the speed of your internet connection. Make sure that the TV is already updated with the latest software version. The latest software version available for your TV is version 5.053.

Message 17 of 82 (38,399 Views)

Hi jeffishe!

Thanks for the message. Follow the troubleshooting steps provided by ColbyP. If the issue still persists after following all the steps, please get back to us with the model number of your TV. You may refer to this link to locate the model number. 

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 82 (38,298 Views)

Turn off the WIFI-Direct and try once.

It worked for me

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 82 (38,086 Views)

This seems to be an active subject with no resolution...and I have the same problem. I don't even watch TV, just go this new grand 60" for the kids.  So... please post a SOLUTION or I will have to return it.  Spending to much of my valuable time trying network connection again and again and again until it connects.  All the other stuff has been tried by numerous people.  It is clear that the TV resets itself when turned off.

SONY PLEASE FIX IT. 

Message 20 of 82 (38,053 Views)

Hi KL12345!

Thanks for the message. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps found on this thread? What is the model number of your TV? You may refer to this link to locate the model number. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook