Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 99 (19,562 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

What is Wifi-Direct/ How do you turn it off?

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 99 (19,561 Views)

AngelaP, Your links from 8-19-2013 and earlier do not work. Can you please repost new, working links?
Message 23 of 99 (19,529 Views)

Hi jmcgaz1!

Thanks for the message. Please refer to this article for more information about Wi-Fi Direct. You may try again the links from 8-19-2013. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Apprentice
Message 24 of 99 (19,520 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also encounter this problem tv lose internet connection after shutdown... My KDL-32W674A is doing fine in Internet using Wi-Fi. But when I upgraded the System Software on Jan. 5, 2014 from PKG3.901GAA to latest Version PKG4.001GAA the internet connection got ruin, I having alot of problem in the connection since I upgraded the software version.

My KDL-32W674A internet connection now is better and stable, after a series of monitoring using the new firmware PKG4.001GAA.

1. reset my moderm/router - issues still the same
2. reset my dlink router - issues still the same
3. I call my ISP (internet service provider) and I ask them to Reset (refresh) my internet connection in their Server. --- FINALLY MY KDL-32W674A GOT A DECENT AND STABLE CONNECTION.

I thought that the new firmware update or code has not compatible in my internet connection. So I called my ISP to request that I want to reset my internet Connection in their server.

After they reset my connection in their server, my Internet TV got a decent connection now, and even if I connect my laptop to download some movies. while my TV connected to my Wi-Fi i got a decent and normal connection now.

My Router Wi-Fi is in the 2nd floor, and the TV is in the 1st floor.
Connection Speed: 2mbps

Call your ISP and tell them that you want to Reset your internet connection in their SERVER.

Rookie
Message 25 of 99 (17,897 Views)

My TV (purchased January 2014) drops the internet connection sometimes after being turned off and on again but more annoyingly it drops the WiFi and Ethernet connection mid-use.

I have updated the tv every time when prompted to do so, I had already manually set a static IP address (so as not to use one assigned by DHCP) and provisioned my router to play nice.

So whether I'm using the internet browser, streaming from a DLNA server on my local network, ABC iView, YouTube or whatnot, mid-video (ie while I'm using it) the TV drops the connection and is a royal pain to get working again.

Also streaming internet content (through ABC iView) skips forward to the next video at random so not dropping the internet availability but is still annoying having to go back and fast forward to the point of the video I was watching. It did that while it was connected via Ethernet as well as all the time on wifi. Wifi is the much preferred method to connect because there is no Ethernet connection available remotely close to either this Sony Bravia of which I speak and nor the non-wireless Bravia that's a few years older now.

Model: KDL-55w800a
Software: PKGA.470GAA
Rookie
Message 26 of 99 (17,795 Views)

I'm not sure why my reply was accepted as a solution, none of those things appear to have worked. Mind you I have not noticed it playing up as much as of late but saying that I have my Apple TV plugged in currently but it still forces me to stuff around trying to get the TV to recognise it's actually connected to WiFi just like it says it is to allow access to the internet features after turning on from time to time.
Enthusiast
Message 27 of 99 (16,937 Views)

Wow. Looks like the address change is working. Connected to my 5g network here in Brooklyn on time warner cable. Hopefully it stays working! Thank u!
Rookie
Message 28 of 99 (16,765 Views)

i am trying to connect bk to the internet with a sony bravia smart t.v model kdl-55w800be but  when i try to connect it says local and internet access failed and wireless built in found.i entered the ip adresses manual n got the local access to be ok but the internet access still failed how can you help me to deal with this problem 

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 99 (16,636 Views)

Looks like I spoke too soon. Still dropping Internet when I turn off tv....asking time warner now to reset the se,ever on their end as instructed by Sony.....let's see what happens.....
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 99 (16,380 Views)

Same problem in KDL-70W850b................The problem for some how starts this week and drops in mid-use. Maybe some kid of SEN problem or update ???

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook