Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 51 of 99 (10,854 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

I am based in India and model is KLV 48W562D. I tried plu/unplug and all other solution but seems nothing working. I always nee to set up internet when I start TV.

Any solution please?

Rookie
Message 52 of 99 (10,746 Views)

I was experiencing same wifi connection problem every time would turn on TV for day wifi would not connect. This is new xbr 65 850d model. This was also somethung that started after latest firmware update happened a few weeks ago. Was very frustrating. My fix was to go to settings and reboot TV through the settings menu and the Wifi would reconnect. Did that for couple weeks. Saw someone on here say WiFi direct maybe the issue. I checked in settings and saw the WiFi direct setting was turned on. I tyrned tgis off and since then everytime I start TV the Wifi it connected and everything is working. I di not know why this happens and just wanted to pass this along so that it may help someone.
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 99 (10,411 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having this issue as well with my 55" Sony Bravia. It's terrible! Sometimes it disconnects in the middle of streaming a show. Other times, I will turn on the television and have to spend 15 or 20 minutes to reconnect the network. I had this problem occasionally with Comcast. I switched to Verizon Fios and now it's worse, even though I have a faster connection. I DO NOT have this problem with the ROKU box I have in another part of the house.

I cannot believe how bad this is - PLEASE FIX THIS. I love the picture quality of this television, but I cannot deal with this issue multiple times a day.

Model #: XBR-55x-850B

p.s. - Now that I think of it, it was after the last firmware update that I started having sudden stops while streaming HULU +. I would have to back up a few seconds and restart the stream. This does NOT happen on my ROKU. That's also when the dropped network issuues started happening regularly. Can we just go back to the earlier firmware - the one that worked?

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 99 (10,342 Views)

JUST DISCOVERED THIS MORNING -- I tried the set a dedicated IP address suggestion above and after some difficultaies maintaining the connection, the TV finally held onto it. It's been about 24 hours now.

ALSO, I have a new FIOS line, which should be really fast, but I discovered that the two range extenders I had on my network were slowing the connection down to a crawl. Even one by itself was slowing everything down. I removed them both and my signal speed jumped dramatically. It is possible that tthose were responsible for so many disconnections in the past, though it's a bit early to say. 

Hope this helps someone else.

Rookie
Message 55 of 99 (10,175 Views)

I have a KDL-50FA95C that worked absolutely fine until the first software update, have tried every solution listed in this thread and still nothing.

I dont have a long long LAN cable so all done via wifi.

It is currently running version 5.1.1.

If i forget all networks then manually add them again, it holds on to them for 10 seconds and then once you try launching an app or a site, drops. cannot do anything. please help!!

Message 56 of 99 (10,032 Views)

Hi fanschop

Another moderator already answered your other post. Check that here: https://community.sony.com/t5/Internet-TV/KDL-50FA95C-drops-internet-after-software-update/m-p/58644...

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below

Rookie
Message 57 of 99 (9,829 Views)

I just bought a Sony 65 inch Bravia TV from best buy 5 days ago and it's already having the issue everyone in this thread has brought up. I turn the tv off every night and every morning when I turn it on and try to use Netflix or any other app that utilizes the internet it says I need to reconnect to the internet. 

Is this something that's happening with all these new Sony tvs? I will most likely be returning this TV since I have called Sony and the solution they offer does not work. The representative I spoke to said to hold the power button for ten secons every time I turn the TV on but thats not feasible since the TV turns on right when you hold the power button. 

These TVs are very expensive to be experiencing these issues. Very dissapointed. 

I had a 48 inch Sony before this one and it was great, no issues. This new TV seems to have a lot of issues. 

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 99 (9,771 Views)

My TV a Sony Bravia was a bear to get to link up to WiFi. I reset the TV to factory settings. Did that a few times. The TV has stayed linked through two updates. What I found was that I needed to give the TV sometime to link up before accessing Netflix. Or maybe I am just fortunate. I have a cat 5 cable on hand should this change. Oh time being 2-3 minutes.
Rookie
Message 59 of 99 (9,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
I get this problem too. It also keeps cutting out and reconnecting every minute or so when connected wirelessly. It was absolute fine before the last update. I've tried all the suggested fixes. Sony need to admit it's a fault. Vincent, the link to the answer above is just another question, it's really misleading to mark the problem as resolved when it isn't at all. For a £1000 TV I really expected better......
Apprentice
Message 60 of 99 (9,677 Views)

Could it be a issue caused by some installed app?
I have installed Kodi and ES File Explorer

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook