Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 81 of 99 (1,433 Views)

Re: Why does smart tv lose internet connection after shutdown?

[ Edited ]

Hi, Hell_Rider

Thank you for considering Sony Community! 

Could you please provide the exact model number of your Sony Bravia TV? Have you tried performing troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue? 

Regards,

Vincent 

Rookie
Message 82 of 99 (1,331 Views)

Would providing the model number, reading the trouble shooter and resetting the router enable you to provide some suggestions as to what might be wrong? So far this, and similar threads, don't seem to have come up with anything that acutally solves the problem. Is it possible that Sony is at fault here - in as much as it might be a firmware, hardware or Android problem?

Message 83 of 99 (1,256 Views)

Hi DJGShef,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. The link below might help isolate the problem:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75355/p/61659%2C62766%2C93159%2C95099/c/65%2C66/kw....

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns. 

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 84 of 99 (735 Views)

This thread goes back to 2013 and people are still having the same problem !!! The support people just keep trotting out the same answers time after time which DON'T WORK.

It's pretty pathetic that a supposedly reputable company can't solve this problem whereas every other TV i've owned and all my friends and relatives non-Sony TV's work fine. If I had known about this problem I would nebver have bought a Sony TV !!

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SONY and solve the problem instead of just fobbing off your customers !!!! I would never recommend a Sony TV to anyone after this farce.

Bob

Message 85 of 99 (618 Views)

Hi, Jeanie_bob

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

We're sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your Sony Bravia TV. Did you perform troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue? Kindly give us more details. We also need the exact model number of your Sony TV. 

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 86 of 99 (531 Views)

You know what the problem is. We need to restart the TV to solve it. Tons of users complaining about the same problem. I have a XBR75X850D and have the exact same issue. I've run your troubleshooting and the problem is the TV.  Every gadget I have connected to the same wifi network keeps connected and the Sony TV drops the connection and simply fails to display available networks. Just after a restart it is possible to connect again.  I used to love sony TVs but now I am buying a Samsung and try to sell this one

Enthusiast
Message 87 of 99 (514 Views)

Like I said, you are just repeating the same supposed solution over and over again. Nothing has changed IT DOESN"T WORK. Instead of just repeating the same useless rubbish over and over again, why not just FIX THE PROBLEM

Enthusiast
Message 88 of 99 (501 Views)

They don't know how to adopt the latest technology.
WiFi issues
A2DP - no support
Android power is not utilised​ properly
- Not possible to change the home screen
- Their Android app, every update asks for channel selection
- Gaming devices will not work properly
- Not many usefull apps
- not able remember the previous channel watched.. every restart, you have to select again
- Their channel suggestion is not proper, it should be based on my usage.
- Very slow, while changing the channel
- Their TV menu is waste.. mostly one button used for settop box on. For that, I have to navigate.
- There is no proper updates, if you ask latest version- it won't be supported.. you have to buy a new TV.

All of this standard reply from customer care, did you tried troubleshooting steps..
Enthusiast
Message 89 of 99 (495 Views)

Agreed! you are right, their support is hopeless, in fact it's non-existent. I will be contacting their customer centre to return the TV and get one that works!

Enthusiast
Message 90 of 99 (420 Views)

[ Edited ]

jeanie_bob wrote:

Agreed! you are right, their support is hopeless, in fact it's non-existent. I will be contacting their customer centre to return the TV and get one that works!

What TV do you have? I was thinking about getting the XBR75X850D, but it sounds like people are having trouble.

It does sound like support is trying, but it doesn't sound like everyone is getting taken care of so it's a ****** shoot for me at the moment. Guess I've have to sleep on it. 

Sony has always been great for me. I had issues with tvs from Dynex and Emerson - don't recall any issues with Sony. Wondering if I should pull the trigger.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook