Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)

XBR55X900E can't find any wifi and not connected to wifi suddenly

The tv worked fine in the first 10 days. Then yesterday I found I couldn't launch Youtube and it said 'TV disconnected to the Internet' or something like that. Then I went back to 'Network Setting', and found that WIFI has been turned off and network status was 'not connected to the Internet'. I then tried to set up the wifi connection again, like I did 10 days ago right after I bought the TV: home ->network setting->wifi->easy... it seemed the TV couldn't find any wifi in the house or nearby. There is nothing in the list after scaning...  All my other devices, cell phone, Ipad, and Laptops, are all nicely connected to WIFI. Have been searching for a solution for a while. But found nothing reliable.

Any relaible solutions? Thanks

Expert
Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)

Re: XBR55X900E can't find any wifi and not connected to wifi suddenly

Some others have posted that turning off ipv6 helped with their network connection.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

I too just started having this issue. I have had the TV (XBR65x930E) for a month and the built in Wifi has been working fine as early as last night, but will not work this morning.

I have disabled IPv6, reset both the TV and router to no avail. In the network settings menu, the WiFi toggle keeps shifting to the off position without any button press from me. When I try to go through the network setup wizard from the main settings menu I get a message that states "Unexpected error, please contact Sony directly"

Even the WiFi toggles on, it can find no networks around me.

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (123 Views)

I just did a factory reset and after much nervous waiting the system booted back up as normal. I went through the full setup wizard again and the interface was a little slow but everything is back to normal

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook