Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Internet TV

Groovin'
elisak
Accepted Solution

chrome browser out of date

Purchased a network media player NSZ GS7 earlier this year. Stopped working several months ago as the chrome browser (and probably the adobe flashplayer) is out of date.  According to sony, this can only be fixed when they update the firmware for the product.  The last firmware update was early April. No one seems to know when or if this will be fixed. 

How is this acceptable behaviour by Sony?  Why wouldn't Sony immediately respond to Chrome and Adobe updates? 

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: chrome browser out of date

The Adobe Flash player is built directly into the the Google Chrome Browser and enabled by default. Its not possible to upgrade the latest version of the Adobe Flash player used by the Google Chrome browser.

What issue are you having with the player right now?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
elisak

I am not able to watch any streaming videos.  No television station internet videos, no netflix, no yoga online.  My media player is currently as useful as a brick.  Sometimes there is a message that identifies that the chrome brower is out of date (version 11 rather than 26?) but most of the time the video just simply doesn't load.    

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Since you are unable to stream any internet content or the video does not load, you have to make sure that the player is connected to the internet. The player should meet the minimum speed requirement of 2.5 mbps or higher for standard definition video and 10 mbps or higher for high definition video. Go to www.2wire.com to check the speed of you network. Refer to the link below for more information.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33377/c/65,66/kw/Internet%20streaming%20videos%20s...

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
elisak

My internet connection is good.  My download speed as per 2wire is 4.8 Mbps. I ran this test on the television which is hooked up to the network media player. 

What versions of chrome and adobe are included in firmware version 3.2 updated on April 6?  I think the problem is with the firmware.   

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the player.

Reboot the player. Just simultaneously press and release the CTL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE/DELETE buttons.

If the issue is still unresolved, try to reset the player to factory default settings.
1. On the keypad remote control, press the Home button (house icon).
2. Select the All Apps icon.
3. Select the Settings icon.
4. Under Settings, select Privacy & Safety and then press ENTER.
5. In the Privacy & safety menu, navigate to Factory data reset.
6. Press the ENTER button.
7. Press the ENTER button again.

Just follow the on-screen instructions to finish the initial set up.

The Adobe flash player version of the unit is 10.2.164 and the Google chrome version is 3.2-17544

If this post answers your question, please mark it "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.