Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 51 (11,352 Views)

Re: i can't get my tv to acquire internet content

No error massage when I go to my apps just a few shows at the beginning and a window pops up and tells me to refresh internet content and when I press it keeps going and going and nothing happens for a long time. So basically it's like there is no net connection but when I check the network set up everything is connected. So just I can't open most of my apps before I refresh my internet which won't do it. And after a day or so it goes back to normal without doing anything. When it's down like this and press the red netflix button tells me future not available and again that's because all the apps are down. So I don't know what is problem.
Message 12 of 51 (11,347 Views)

Thank you for getting back to us. Have you tried performing power reset on your TV? If you haven't, please try that. What is the model number of your TV? You may refer to this link to locate the model number.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 51 (11,339 Views)

Yes power reset done that several times and did not help. Model KDL-55W900A Right now is working but 2 days aga did it again and the apps were out for a day or so and then they came back again.
Message 14 of 51 (11,324 Views)

Make sure that the TV has the latest software version installed which is PKG4.001AAA. When the issue happens again please go to View Network Status under Network and take note of all the information there. Thanks!  

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 51 (11,298 Views)

And again I have the problem. No app access. The softwear is up to date. It's set to automatic update. I tried to manually update it but tells me the massage "software update data cannot be found (5012)" I did took note on the network settings info. Let me know what u need to know from there. It's sad that I have smart TV and not be able to use it. So now I'm using my xbox one to watch netflix and YouTube. Let me know what else u can do.
Message 16 of 51 (11,282 Views)

Thank you for the information. Please post here all the information that you see under View Network Status. Thanks! 

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 51 (11,265 Views)

I have been having the same problem. Model #KDL55NX810. Software version PKG5.053AAS (auto updates are on) I have a wireless connection and the status always shows full bars.  I've done all the power down resets you recomend. The problem is not on my end. There is something wrong with the TV.  All the other internet devises in my house are working fine.

Message 18 of 51 (11,257 Views)

Hi kenny2728!

Thanks for the message. Try to manually enter the IP address on your TV and change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution."

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 51 (11,233 Views)

Ive been having this problem on and off since i got my sony TV. My internet is fully connected, but my internet content cannot be refreshed. it will begin to refesh then it will say unable to refresh internet content! Any help?<br>
Message 20 of 51 (11,221 Views)

Hi _moniqquee!

Thanks for the message. What is the exact error message that you are getting? Please make sure that the TV has the latest software version installed. What is the model number of your TV? You may refer to this link to locate the model number. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook