Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 51 (10,931 Views)

Re: i can't get my tv to acquire internet content

I've had my Sony Bravia for 2 years now - model number KDL-46EX640.  I've had it connected to my home network the whole time (at&t and comcast w/ a wireless router).  I just switched from AT&T back to comcast this morning and they sent me a modem with a wireless router in it (gateway).  I cannot get it to connect.  The error is:

Wireless Device on TV:  Found

Local Access:   OK

Internest access:  Failed

I turned the TV off and unplugged it for 60+ seconds and I also Refreshed internet content.  PLEASE HELP Smiley Happy

Thank you,

Karey

Rookie
Message 32 of 51 (10,902 Views)

Re: i can't get my tv to acquire internet content [Settings I found that finally worked!]

Hi all,

We bought a Bravia 42 inch W900 B TV 10 days ago. I have a 8 Mbps broadband which works nicely for most purposes including HD video streaming on my cell phone which I even managed to beam to the TV and view in HD. But, no matter what I do, the apps weren't loading on the TV. The Sony technician who came in tried valiantly and finally it did work. But I switched off the TV for the night, and problem persisted the next morning as usual.

Problem:

- Progress bars keep appearing when I am in 'Apps' screen. And these never end.

- No internet app works - I get a message 'Please check network connection' when I click on any app YouTube, TED etc.,

Steps to solveSmiley Sadlong story short)

- Give a fixed IP address to TV - something that is farther down the scale. i.e., I gave 192.168.2.30 as 'Manual' IP address for the TV as I will never connect 30 devices to my router

- Increase the "Maximum unfinished TCP/UDP connections per host" setting in the router. This was the culprit. I think the TV was opening too many connections in order to refresh all the content and the router was thinking it is an attack and clamming up. The tricky part was my Belkin router didn't have this setting openly visible, but in a hidden page on the router admin site!! I got that from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12852792 [192.168.2.1/firewall_spi_h.stm]

After this, the TV works seamlessly (at least after 3,4 power off-on cycles!).

Hope this helps others!

Cheers,

Ravi.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 51 (10,780 Views)

Karey:

I have the same TV and same problem as you. I use Verizon FIOS and recently got a new wireless router from them as my old one was too old and slow.

I still can't access it for Internet access!

If you find a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Sue

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 51 (10,606 Views)

Hi

I am facing the same issue. I tried the hard reset and the refresh 3 times and still not geeting any applications or internet connections

Fadi

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 51 (10,514 Views)

i was able to connect to internet but can"t acquire internet content ( Model no. KDL-52XBR9 ) Please need your help been trying for a month now. thanks joe

Message 36 of 51 (10,480 Views)

Hi jobyone, 

Welcome to the Sony Community! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please perform the following troubleshooting guide below: 

1. Please check the guides from our website to setup your internet manually. The website is https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32112/p/61659,62766,63018/c/65,66/kw/cant%20acquir...

2. Reset your TV back to factory settings. Turn on the TV > While pressing UP ARROW BUTTON on the Remote Control, press POWER on the TV. (The TV will turn itself off, then

back on again.)

WARNING: The reset will clear all of your customized settings including the Parental Lock setting.  If you have forgotten your password, enter the master password: 4357. This password clears your previous  password and allows you to enter a new password.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Thanks, ↔Dave

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 51 (10,456 Views)

I did set my  tv to factory default, still can't acquire internet content. internet is ok. please if you have more tricks.  thanks 

Rookie
Message 38 of 51 (9,600 Views)

I've reset KDL-46ex640 tv.  Have also reset modem/router.  Have tried to refresh internet content - config failes.  No link, error 1002.  Also failed network set up.  What can I do to get internet content?

Message 39 of 51 (9,566 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Wendy-atlanta,

Welcome to the Sony Community

Kindly perform the following troubleshooting steps below: 

Check your Network connection

• Press HOME, then select Settings > Setup > Network > Network Setup.
  • Select View Network settings and status > Check Connection.

If you're not connected to the network, please check this manual on page 40-43 to setup your internet connection.

In addition, please check this article for additional troubleshooting steps regarding Error Code 1002.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 40 of 51 (8,697 Views)

Follow this step… it will help u solved the problem. 

(1) turn off the tv and unplug the power code .

(2) leave th tv until u back home in the night.

(3) plugin the power code , turn on the tv… 

(4) when the tv connected to the internet…. Then go to internet setting click refreshe Internet… after internet refreshing is don. U will able to access all application... 

Hope this will help u out .

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook