Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 41 of 51 (2,782 Views)

Re: i can't get my tv to acquire internet content

Have been having this problem intermittently for the past week or so. TV model is KDL32W650A; firmware is up to date. 

It would hang on "acquiring internet content" forever. Factory reset doesn't seem to make a difference -  the issue seems to be resolving itself after few hours or a day, to only re-appear some time after. Network is setup properly, and media content can be played on other devices running on the same network with no problems. No changes in the provider or anything. 

Are there any issues on the server side we should be aware of?

Rookie
Message 42 of 51 (2,659 Views)

I recently acquired a Sony 3-d Smart TV, model number KDL-40NX711.  I have been able to set up my wireless internet through the TV, but whenever I try to aquire internet content, I continue to get error 5006.  I have tried to power cycle the TV, to no effect.  The error recommends contacting Sony.

Rookie
Message 43 of 51 (2,270 Views)

I have a Sony KDL-32EX503

seem to connect ok to internet but cannot refresh internet services - any advice?

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 51 (1,891 Views)

Hi everyone

My Sony Bravia TV Model KLV-40R562C is also having similar problem.Not showing Internet Content i.e youtube and netflix.I tried everything from refreshing network settings to turning of the power for 60 seconds and unplug  the main plug.

After Refreshing network setting it shows the internt connection is on and ready to connect.

By clicking Home - Internt Contents - its not displaying youtube and other features.and when i select center button it shows -- PLEASE WAIT AND TRY AGAIN LATER.

Please let me know what could be the solution to show Internt contents.

Hope to recieve a response asap

Rookie
Message 45 of 51 (1,864 Views)

The internet contents are not working on my sony led tv model no. KLV-40R552C
Message 46 of 51 (1,841 Views)

Hi scorpio8 and VDvishnudua,

Welcome and Thank You for considering SONY Community!

It appears that the model number you've provided is not a US model. Unfortunately, we only have limited access when it comes to non-US model.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
^Ron

Rookie
Message 47 of 51 (1,052 Views)

Hi my name is Keith. We bought this smart 4K Bravia a couple of years ago and when we bought it the internet content like Hulu, Netflix , YouTube, Etc was working for almost 1 year but after that the only application that works is VUDU everything else hasn't been working for the last 2 years we disconnected the TV and gave it 1min. Plugged back and content wasn't working then refresh the network and content and still not working what should we do this tv was too expensive and haven't work the way we wanted to. I feel like I was ripped off.
Rookie
Message 48 of 51 (1,051 Views)

My TV Model is: XBR55X850B
Enthusiast
Message 49 of 51 (768 Views)

Hello Keith,

I found that the problem was my internet service (xfinity) had too much security.  Once I lowered the security a little bit everything started working.

Later I had this problem w/ netflix and called netflix and this is what they had me do:

1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

and it worked - I did it while on the phone with them (this was a couple of years ago) and I don't remember having to wait an hour, I think I just unplugged it, held the power button for 1 minute and then plugged it back in and it cleared everything.

Hope this works for you 

Enthusiast
Message 50 of 51 (210 Views)

I have a Sony Bravia model RM-YD059 and it will not refresh the internet content given the failed code of 5008. Can someone please advise.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook