Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 33 (48,423 Views)

wifi issue on android tv

hi....

i purchased sony android tv model no :kdl42w950c 4days ago

i was facing issue with the wifi on the tv on the first day of installation ti worked fine with everything,by next day morning when i switch it on it automatically connectrd to wifi but shows no net access i just disconnected it and again connected it connected fine and signal strength shown excellent on it eventhough youtube app on tv dosn't work it shows check your network i checked my router it is all fine other devices connected to same wifi are working fine then i removed my google account from the tv ang again loged into it with the same account then it worked fine and showd your tv ts connected on my mobile and again it works fine all the day 

and in the next day i has to repeat the whole process to get connected to my tv 

it is annoying me please reffer me a solution to this problem

Message 2 of 33 (48,294 Views)

Re: wifi issue on android tv

[ Edited ]

Hello bhharath, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

How to reset the Android TV to factory settings:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60594

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 33 (48,231 Views)

Even Im having the same problem.

Im able to connect to wifi and everything in network settings shows fine,But unable to connect to internet/apps,It says no network connection.

The solution i found was to do a complete factory reset and go through initial setup and then setup network again,And then wifi connectivity works fine,But after switching off the tv and turning it back ON,Same problem again.So how many times i have to go through the initial setup,Go frustated with this.

In the link below is a video which shows the wifi is connected,but not able to connect to apps/internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9wLfECpDS8

When i contacted the local sony service center,the person said its due to an update and will resolve in 2/3days,But its almost a week and Im still not able to connect to Internet.Smart TV becoming HARD for me.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 33 (48,195 Views)

you no need to follow the initial setup every time you can fow these
1 you better dont switch off the wifi router at night when your tv is switch off
2 if not possible you can go to accoun settings on tv and remove your account and again you login with the same account it get connected
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 33 (48,175 Views)

I wont switch off the wifi router...

And what happens now is it sometimes connects to wifi and sometimes it wont..

Also the TV time is being resetted to default time

Rookie
Message 6 of 33 (47,398 Views)

[ Edited ]

hey did any one get any resolution for the issue.. as i also face the same issue.. wifi connected but all apps says check your network and try again.. approached the service center.. they say they dont see any issue.. but we have issue.. please let know.. if soem one has got it corrected.. or else im gonna sue them..for this simply issue.. for sure...

Rookie
Message 7 of 33 (46,991 Views)

I Have the Same Issue in the TV

Rookie
Message 8 of 33 (45,396 Views)

My problem was it is not detecting my router. I have changed the WiFi broadcast name from router and changed security to wep. It works for me.
Rookie
Message 9 of 33 (44,924 Views)

Hello, I'm having the same problem as you.

I'd be happy to change router as you have done but would be grateful for an idiot proof step by step guide.

I tried to remove WEP but then ended up with needing to enter another box and didn't know how to proceed.

I notice that you also change the name on your router and I was stumped by this also.

I know that it's a big ask but any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

A very disappointed Sony customer....... Colin

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 33 (32,290 Views)

Hi all I have purchased Sony bravia 43W800d. And also faced the same issue, after many days of trouble shooting I found the solution. It is not the issue with television or Your WiFi router it's just issue of connection between them. I just made 1 change which solved my issue. Please access to your WiFi router settings page from your PC then change the channel from auto to Channel 9 (9Channel worked for me, I haven't experimented with others)
Hope this will be useful for new buyers like me.
Cheers...

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook