Welcome to the Community!

Internet TV

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 27 (3,366 Views)

Re: wifi issue on android tv

You need not do all that! I was facing the same issue. You just have to go to the settings tab-> Time and Date -> Select "use network time" (by default, it will be broadcast time which needs to changed)
Rookie
Message 12 of 27 (3,066 Views)

This solution worked for me. When I changed the setting from AUTO to Chanel 9,.. TV connects automatically. Good advice,... works!

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 27 (1,968 Views)

Everyone seems to be having the same problem with the wifi with certain apps ,that are not connecting to the internet mine included , SOOO why isn't Sony trying to help everyone with some solutions , because am getting really frustrated now, the only option I will have will be to get a refund and swop it for a Different make .. like Samsung which I was told to buy in the first place , funny enough I was told by the sales consultant not to buy Sony because of all the problems they have had with the apps not working , I should have listened !!!!
Message 14 of 27 (1,888 Views)

Hi Scott0909,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customer in the North America. For further assistance regarding your concern, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Best regards,
~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 27 (1,883 Views)

So checking through troubleshoots& my WIFI is switched to off & I cannot get it to switch to on, it selects butdoes not switch on
Message 16 of 27 (1,779 Views)

Hi Woody107214,

Thank you for visiting the SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 17 of 27 (1,465 Views)

Bwfore you do all the factory reset just take the tv power out from the socket for 1 minute. It will all work after it.
Rookie
Message 18 of 27 (1,386 Views)

I have a XBR-55X850C and same issue.
Turn TV on and either Netflix says there is no connection or a network connection window is open with the loading wheel going and going without success.
I have a dual band router and both connections are saved. All other devices in home have 0 connection issues.
When i press the home button and go to the bottom i see the wifi icon but it is blank because the TV will not auto connect to the saved network. It seems this only happens when TV is off for a few hours. This is definitely a software issue and seems to be related to the fact that the Android TV only goes into standby when you press the power button. The best fix I have found for this issue is to either: select my second wifi connection (basically changing back and forth each day), orrrr hold the power button down on your remote until you get the colored ****** dancing around indicating that your TV is fully turning off and then back on again. When the TV turns on again the wifi will auto connect. The second option takes a minute cause the start up process is slowwwww.
Sony.....please address this issue. I know it must be easy to replicate and have your genius software engineers work up a solution.
Message 19 of 27 (1,346 Views)

Hi, Clchase80

Welcome to Sony Community! 

When did it start? Were there any changes on the TV and router before this issue started? Do you have any device connected to the router having the network issue? Check out the article here and it might help us out resolving this network connection issue: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/75355/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 27 (1,303 Views)

Try to go to Settings > Network > Home network setup > IP control and turn on Simple IP control.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook