Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A-Mount and E-Mount "should" Mount BOTH Lens and AF OFF the SENSOR

by Hawaii-Geek Professional on ‎04-11-2014 05:04 AM

IF SONY dropped the Mirror in A-mount. Sony could easily create a Stainless Steal Screw IN Mount that could allow A-Mount users to shoot FE E-Mount lens? My thing is I would like to be able to Auto Focus on both system with both lens like it was Native. Sony Native. That to me, is a Powerful WOW ! ... Now, you could use smaller f4 Trinity FE or f2.8 Trinity (larger) A-Mount on BOTH Systems

A-Mount without the Mirror / SLT there is now space for a Mount to drop into the body for the right Register. So, the BASE stainless steel Mount is actually Wider. and the Adapter would then screw IN. With A-Mount there seems to be Space for that. Weight less a factor. It's the ON SENSOR AF PDAF/CDAF that needs to be done without Penalty. ALL SONY Of Course Smiley Happy

Replies
by Hawaii-Geek Professional
on ‎04-11-2014 05:15 AM

There there will be NO Doubt that A-Mount will Live  ON ...    

Both Mounts targeting different customers ... but the  True Auto Focus Lens List just got LONGER  ...  

and preference specific ...    

* E-Mount  SIZE compromise  ...   

* A-Mount  PRO  no such size/weight compromise.

and you know know what to EXPECT from each Mount. 

by Hawaii-Geek Professional
on ‎04-15-2014 11:10 PM
* "FE" E-Mount where the priority is compromised for SIZE / weight. (even though some Lens can be made both Small and Great , 55mm f1.8 ZA FE) . 

* A-Mount where SONY should have all there BIG / FAST PRO lens. 

Then there is a natural split that will start to make sense. And a reason for Both. 

NOW, to make this "work" , BOTH also NEED to "Auto Focus" on A-Mount and E-Mount the "Same", even off the (simple , LAEA3 like) Sony Adapters. 
Then Sony users can move seamlessly the A & E mount lens between New Camera lines, with NO Auto Focus Penalty. * Which is the way it "SHOULD BE".