Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Assign A7II FINDER/MONITOR to Fn Button

by Andy_S Rookie on ‎07-10-2015 12:51 PM

Hello, all - I have a firmware request.

I'm coming to you as a recent A7 convert. I just got the A7II in my paws yesterday, and so far I really like it.

But there's one usability issue that I'm really having a hard time coming to grips with. I am used to shooting with my Fujifilm X100S as well as the Olympus OM-D, and one of the buttons I used the most on those bodies is a toggle for turning off the monitor on the back of the camera. The Sony has a button option that makes the monitor black out, but it's still on. I'd like to be able to add the FINDER/MONITOR option to an Fn Button, and really, how hard could that be? 

There are times I don't want the monitor to come on at all, and I don't want to have to dive into a menu to do that. If it exists at all, it would be nice to be able to add it to a Fn button.

But even when I do go into the menu and hit that button to turn off the display, when I hit the playback button to review images, it doesn't turn the display back on, it plays the image in the viewfinder, which is not ideal. 

It just seems like a really underdeveloped option for such a great camera. If we could get an Fn button to control the viewfinder, I would be so, so very happy. As it is, it's a pain in the ******. One I'm willing to make for the sake of great image quality, but a pain nonetheless.

PLEASE add this to the next firmware update.

Replies
by giuliosalz Rookie
on ‎11-26-2015 02:19 AM

I completely agree. Finder/monitor automatic mode it's just not efficient. there should be a possibility to switch from monitor to finder via a fn button. that shouldn't be difficult to do!!

hope Sony is going to do something

by yesanton Rookie
on ‎11-24-2016 09:13 AM

Please, give us opportunity to switch modes manually. This is so annoying. 

I am always having problems with autimatic switching

PLEASE!!!!!

by bradjones856 Rookie
on ‎12-04-2016 03:57 PM

+1

by ShannonRawls Rookie
on ‎01-10-2017 07:58 AM

Me Too!

by PSikes Rookie
on ‎01-24-2017 12:29 PM

Me Too!!

This would be a great addition.  It's already implemented in the AR series.  Why not the 7ii?

by PSikes Rookie
on ‎01-24-2017 12:31 PM

I just noticed this thread is years old.  I'm suddenly getting the feeling Sony is simply ignoring this request.

by loredamo Rookie
on ‎01-30-2017 01:20 PM

+1

it's such a pity that a7RII has this feature from v3.30 but a7II doesn't.

by thomasb Enthusiast
on ‎04-21-2017 01:53 AM

Me too! I'm so annoyed! Please add this feature!

by thefsb Enthusiast
on ‎06-15-2017 11:33 AM
Does v4.00 add this? There are 60 options for Custom Button 2 but, as far as I can see, FINDER/MONITOR isn't there.