Transform your space.Our Life Space UX range is designed to unlock the hidden potential of everyday space.Find out more
Don't miss what's new..Be among the first to get the latest Sony news in your inbox.Sign up
This is not a issue.
But, just wanted to post this so it does NOT become a issue in the Future.
More and more shooters are using the Black Rapid System ... Camera Stap that uses the Tripod Mount to carry.
Also, on Events ... large / Heavy Flashes (like the 60m) are used with this Black Rapid system.
So, now you got maybe a heavy body a99 + heavy flash 60m hanging on a swinging Black Rapid strap all day or night (talking PROs).
1) The Tripod Mount needs to be Stong Enough for this
2) The Flash Mount Needs to be Thick on the Metat that holds the Flash Foot.
* This was the issue on the D700 Hot Shoe and the sb900 ... The Hot Shoe metal would bend just a little ... creating movement on the Flash ...
* This would Fire the Flash by itself ... at the beginning
* But as the issue got worse , it would make the Flash NOT fire .
* and then it would Progress to a point that the D700 itself would not fire with the sb900 on the Hot Shoe.
Only way to get the D700 shutter working is to take the sb900 off the Hot Shoe.
* Eventually the ONLY way to solve this was a Complete Hot Shoe Replacement ... that was clearly THICKER on the Hot Shoe metal.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
Review our submission guidelines before getting started
Get discounts, product reviews and exclusive news.
Get Support Content on the Go!
For ProfessionalsCareersContact UsCompany Info