Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Full Dive Nerve Gear Sistem

by LucasWhinter Rookie on ‎12-26-2013 08:56 AM

Hello to everyone in Sony Corporation,my name is Lucas Rodrigues,i am from brazil and ia am here because i want to tell you about the sistem Full Dive, that sistem have been seen in a anime called Sword Art Online (SAO).

In the anime,the players used 2 sistem that make they link they minds with a "avatar"online in the Game that is mencioned before,the anime pass in the year of 2022-2025,this anime make,not only me,but all the people that watch it to want to play it,want to go in this history,the sistem that they use was called NerveGear,this sistem allow to the player to have full control of his avatar without moving his real body. The NerveGear looks like a helmet with a internal battery that hold the player online in more or less 2 hours and when this time is out,the helmet execute a emergency log out,without collateral effects.

In the anime,there is a second NerveGear but his name is AMU sphere,the only diference is that is more safe than the Helmet,and it looks like a tiara,images in this email. I would like to know that is any chance to create one of those, because this is the most important part of project that i am idealizing,and the NerveGear is one of the 3 part of the project,the first is the game itself,the second is the NerveGear and the third is the most dificult part,avaliable to all over the world,so i want to know if the SONY CORPORATION can help us,me,my friend called lucas and my another friend called eric (we are all brazilian,of course)

thank you all to read this and happy new year

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online_

Replies
by Kyryto Rookie
on ‎08-19-2014 08:18 AM

Hello everyone! I write this because i am with LucasWhinter, LoneWolfe, Shadowknight94, GameTracker...

I know how it will be difficult but I hope that you will arrive there.

Excuse for my bad english i'm french...

KYRYTO

by speedyquader Rookie
on ‎09-14-2014 11:22 PM

So, full drive is certainly not possible yet, but look at what we have now for input. So far, we have virtual surround sound in headphones, heck, I bought a pair for $40! For sight, we could project images directly onto our corneas using some sort of glasses. I have no idea how we'd get output from the brain yet, and smell, taste and touch are out of our reach until we map the brain, we have some rudimentary tech that would work in a pinch right now. My guesstimate for a time frame for the NerveGear is about 2022, or when SAO actually takes place. Personally, I'd play the game even with the death penalty, as long as I could at least log out. Anyone else?

by so_tottaly_game Rookie
on ‎09-18-2014 09:56 AM

i love it and my dad sent it to one of his friends who work at sony

by DevronSpridon Rookie
on ‎09-22-2014 10:32 PM

I have watched the entire first series of SAO and was browsing through 'Nerve Gear in real life' and found this.

I'm on my own side in this case. We already have the technology to do this project. Period, end of story.  The only thing you still need to do is put that Sony comfort into it. Sony, I am a big XBox fan. However if you were to do this, me and my friend Dylan would definitely nerd out. I do prefer it if you were to make the NVG Microsoft COMPATIBLE, not just Sony devices like that s t u p i d Apple Inc. 

by DevronSpridon Rookie
on ‎09-22-2014 10:35 PM

P.S. Kyryto,

Your English is splendid

by LardMastaFlex Rookie
on ‎09-26-2014 05:17 PM

Hey sony I know I'm a little late but what if you used stimulation coils http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/health/brain-interface/ then used something like a mind reading device  http://www.ted.com/talks/tan_le_a_headset_that_reads_your_brainwaves?language=en#t-622428                       I hope this might help and good luck sony!!!  

by yubelsstudent Rookie
on ‎10-13-2014 08:31 PM

Killera said tha you would have to map out the brain, but there might be another way. I'm not sure if this will work, but you might be able to use some type of wave like sonar to map it for you. I know sonar won't work, because energy passes through each other, but there might be something that detects energy waves and that would be the neuron pathways after that's finished everything else is easy right?

by fraserboy Rookie
on ‎11-11-2014 06:46 AM

try using the same technology as TED because it can read brainwaves, its most likely almost the same as the NERVEGEAR just do a bit more research on how to make it seem like in SAO, try searching in the internet or youtube just type "ted headset reads your brainwave" in the search box and watch the video, plus they already tried it in a game, i thunk its a bit  more before they make something like the NERVEGEAR.

by fraserboy Rookie
on ‎11-11-2014 06:47 AM

try using the same technology as TED because it can read brainwaves, its most likely almost the same as the NERVEGEAR just do a bit more research on how to make it seem like in SAO, try searching in the internet or youtube just type "ted headset reads your brainwave" in the search box and watch the video, plus they already tried it in a game, i think its a bit  more before they make something like the NERVEGEAR.

by Bogart_454 Rookie
on ‎11-30-2014 05:40 AM

Hi Sony,

I think the nerve gear is a very viable idea, and a very good one too. Considering our advances in technology right now, with TED being able to "unfold" the brain and greatly factor out the degree of uncertainty in reading the brain signals arising from the uniqueness of the folds of each individual's brain, the already existing EMF brain stimulators and/or transcranial magnetic stimulation coils that can non-invasively input some commands into the brain, and last but not the least, more powerful computing harware, the nerve gear can't really be that far right?

What we just need to do now is improve the current technology we have to have more speed and accuracy, but the technology is already there. For example, make a sort of  preloaded basic or even complete "command library" from making thousands of people test out the hardware and think about/perform certain actions, generating a database of neural activity patterns for the future nerve gears to use when scanning the brain, avoiding hassle-filled initial set ups lags or errors arising from recognition problems in-game. Transcranial magnetic stimulator coils and/or EMF brain stimulators can also be improved to be able to deliver more specific commands to the brain such as seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling different objects all this while keeping it small and energy efficient. Although it's still very challenging to do, but as I said earlier, the roots of the technology are already there.

In my opinion, the greatest problem in creating a functional nerve gear however is blocking the unnecessary nerve impulses such as arm and leg movement from reaching the body but letting the necessary brain signals such as heart rate and respiration signals through and back again; all this, non-invasively. I however think that we can achieve this through more research in the field of neurology. Another option for this is temporary paralysis-inducing drugs since drugs that make the person unconcious would already make him unable to play. This is however dangerous because it might develop in the user an addiction for the drug.

That's all Sony and I hope that you would be willing to accept this challenge and revolutionize not only the fields of gaming, but also the fields of education, government, and even the entire society. Thanks and good luck.

by LINK_START Rookie
on ‎12-20-2014 04:17 PM

YES DO IT THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED THIS IS YOUR SHOT u could use like brain computer interface (BCI) DO IT WE ALL BELIVE IN YOU SONY!!!😍😍😍😍😍

by brucecritser Rookie
on ‎01-11-2015 02:30 PM

Hello all i do see this happening but for not a good sum of time. 1. i would love to see this happen but the risks it would/could harm the tester so until we understand the brain more i do not thinking we will be able to input this into anythin just yet like others said maybe in 2022-2025 but yes i can see this happen but it would have to have risks taken. thank you for your time i do tink it will happen but people might get hurt.

by LightoKunKira Rookie
on ‎02-02-2015 09:07 AM

Before I start asking for the impossible, I would first like to ask the development team of Sony to make a half

dive system where the body is temporarily paralyzed and you would see and hear the world around you rather than  projecting it into the brain before tackling the whole nerve control and brain projection for the "nerve gear"

and full dive.

Some people are skeptical about the nerve part and are afraid you will block nerves that are vital to your body.

To those people I would ask to search for paraplegia. this is paralyzes due to the severing of the nerves in the spinal cord, one has died of suffocation or hormones that intoxicated the body.

the first task of course would be to temporarily block/severe the connection to the nerves in the spinal cord, no this won't kill you or disable your breathing!!!

This could be done chemical although that can be dangerous for your health.

A theoretical solution would be canceling out the currents running through the spinal cord although much research would be needed on how to do that. And how to prevent electrocution of the brain.

Controls in the game could be done by eye movement and the turning of the head to look around.

the eye motion control is already in development by Google for the Google glass so implementing that would be easy.

Looking around could be done by implementing gyroscopes into something like project Morpheus. because the head would still be able to move if you would block the nerves in the neck.

This is of course not yet the virtual reality we all want, but it would be a good step in the right direction, and I believe that the developers of Sony are capable to work out the nerve blocking system.

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎02-03-2015 02:55 AM

Hi Guys,

I'd like to put my 10 cents in here, and state that even if a massive profit were to be gained here, the workload for Sony to undertake a project like this is miniscule in comparison to the unsurmountable workload needed to reach the end goal of what you'd desire.

Not only would the responsibilty of maintaining the game, the networked servers and the device would fall upon them, but the safety of the minds of everyone playing. All it would take is one glitch in the system, one broken link, one corrupted file, one badly-soldered transistor to the device, for the possibility of signal disruption, or electro-static shock to occur on the player and either leave them in a comatosed state, or kill them outright.

The lawsuits against such a fault could leave Sony not only seriously discredited for faulty products, but would put the entire company down the drain financially and having to recall all devices, destroy them, and leave all the research as wasted potential.

Plus, if anything does go wrong, then it would also rule out this technology from EVER being created again.

It's a massive risk that could ruin it completely. So the proper Research & Development would be needed prior to its creation and distribution.

There are forums and teams of people out there that are breaking down the entire process into a logical understanding, meaning that with a combined effort we could theoretically create such a device. However, it's a massive undertaking that shouldn't be simplified to,

I WANT IT, MAKE IT FOR ME!

There's nothing simple about this, guys. So to make it, would be to take human lives as your responsibility, and any wrong steps could (and most likely will) end up with blood all over your hands.

All I'll say is this, if you guys are serious, search out some of the forums that are working on the logical breakdown of this and put in your 10 cents too. Don't just speculate the awesomeness of such a device, consider the rammifications of such a device and it's fallibility, especially with today's fading morals and technological stability.

Sony can't undertake such a project because it's a massive cost, a massive responsibility, and will most likely end as a massive waste of potential for them, not just a massive waste of manpower and reputation.

Same with Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega, Glockenspiel, Etch-A-Sketch or Mattel.

This will fall SQUARELY upon you, and your contribution. If the people can figure it out, design it, apply it, and create documentation to prove it works flawlessly and/or provides safety measures against areas that are unaccountable, then it may be worth funding. But the corporations can't, and won't, take that into their hands.

I'm hoping to collate the populace, that wants to get involved in its creation, together under one forum and have everyone put in their worth wherever possible. Get a massive set of people together to consider every one of the 360 degrees of potential this game has for positives and negatives and get a 100% positive device and content that can give everyone what they desire from this.

I love Sword Art Online. So much that I never watched Season 2. Season 1 ended so perfectly I was in tears of happiness, I don't want to see Season 2, no matter how many people tell me it's just as good, if not better, than season 1.

So yeah, I'll find a good source of investigations and see about combining everyone together under one roof. If you're happy to participate, send me a notice on a registered email address (I'll NOT accept randomized email addresses or gibberish such as ifjasusdf32o9gvvasdfa@live.com, or sexy_underpants_dude@blehbleh.org, etc. you get the idea).

Anonymity isn't necessary, nor wanted, for the creation of this device. We should be comfortable introducing ourselves.

My name is David Hendry, you can contact me at dave_hendry@hotmail.co.uk

NO SPAM. It will get blocked if it is.

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎02-03-2015 03:07 AM

Okay, I just realised I made a mistake on my first paragraph...

The PROFIT to be gained would be miniscule in comparison to the unsurmountable workload.

Not the workload to be gained...

Silly me ^_^

by godslayer_2000 Rookie
on ‎02-07-2015 10:57 PM

I'm just a 15 year old boy who watch SAO and i feel it well be great to do it for real so i want to help with the vr research so this is what i came up so far 

How to stop the body from moving:

I just thinking out loud,we all now know that all movement is send to the brain through nervous system just imagine if we can send a very low electrical frequency to intercept the the signal from going through the brain but send to the vr system instead so just like in the anime at SAO they cannot control they body in the real world 

PS:I do not know if this help but i'm really try to help to the dream of vr system a reality if this help u guy pls tell       me but i well still send my idea to u because this is not just my dream but the dream of all who watch the           anime  

by godslayer_2000 Rookie
on ‎02-07-2015 11:45 PM

i know i just post one but i found this thing that i want share with u so here i go again 

Do u guy know that human brain have they own section like movement,touch,sight,hearing,intelligence and personality.Movement is in the delta wave because human use muscle to move so if you use the NerveGear

to read the right amount of the frequencythat is send to the system and recreate the movement into the game

I don know if it is right but i hear that delta wave is a from of sleeping and dreaming.The frequency of the wave is 0-3 or 4Hz.But like the brain the nervegear should how the own section example SAO movement

(movement: jumping,runing,walking,sword skill,eating and  more movement)

and for the battery u guy should add extra 15 or 20 min to like save or log out 

PSSmiley Surprisedne again i say it "this is not just my dream but the dream of all who watch the anime"Smiley Happy

by majormayor Rookie
on ‎02-16-2015 03:10 PM

Im not really sure how many of you that are interested in this idea will see this but I got an idea. Years back there was something called the Emotiv that picked up brain waves and made them inputs on the computer program it came with. If paired up with the Oculus Rift, or even better integrated with the Oculus Rift into a single system, what be a step in the right direction for creating the NerveGear. As for the FullDive used in the anime, we'd have to be in more of a lucid dream state to be used. Anyone wanting to collaborate and discuss this please let me know.

by SAOGuy Rookie
on ‎03-05-2015 11:25 AM

Hello,

I have been passing fourms and actually, all I got, even though you cant sence bladder, ect...

You can actually cancel movements with sendings frequencys to the base of the neck. 

and that company has already used brain wave controls

You can use the retina still, though. 

So you can still use lens like the Oculus

thanks.

by DragonFlame60 Rookie
‎03-11-2015 09:51 AM - edited ‎03-11-2015 10:36 AM

yea which would be simple if we just treated are brains like a computer or just see it as the brain waves could be treated just like extrating electric from a battery that would take care of the movement because we would be interupting the brain waves to the body that tells it to move.