Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Full Dive Nerve Gear Sistem

by LucasWhinter Rookie on ‎12-26-2013 08:56 AM

Hello to everyone in Sony Corporation,my name is Lucas Rodrigues,i am from brazil and ia am here because i want to tell you about the sistem Full Dive, that sistem have been seen in a anime called Sword Art Online (SAO).

In the anime,the players used 2 sistem that make they link they minds with a "avatar"online in the Game that is mencioned before,the anime pass in the year of 2022-2025,this anime make,not only me,but all the people that watch it to want to play it,want to go in this history,the sistem that they use was called NerveGear,this sistem allow to the player to have full control of his avatar without moving his real body. The NerveGear looks like a helmet with a internal battery that hold the player online in more or less 2 hours and when this time is out,the helmet execute a emergency log out,without collateral effects.

In the anime,there is a second NerveGear but his name is AMU sphere,the only diference is that is more safe than the Helmet,and it looks like a tiara,images in this email. I would like to know that is any chance to create one of those, because this is the most important part of project that i am idealizing,and the NerveGear is one of the 3 part of the project,the first is the game itself,the second is the NerveGear and the third is the most dificult part,avaliable to all over the world,so i want to know if the SONY CORPORATION can help us,me,my friend called lucas and my another friend called eric (we are all brazilian,of course)

thank you all to read this and happy new year

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online_

Replies
by DragonFlame60 Rookie
on ‎03-11-2015 10:39 AM

so all n all it all comes down to figuring ot how to redirect them by treting them like eletric in a batery then the thing with the vishion would be having the console send signals to the brain telling it what we see.

by nickj119 Rookie
on ‎04-16-2015 02:39 PM

Why is everyone so focused on sony making the nerve gear? you guys should be happy with who ever makes it but dont expect it to be done in the next few years because if we are lucky, with how fast technology and science is advancing, we might have nerve gear within most likely 20 years.

by Crimsonsoul Rookie
on ‎07-08-2015 12:51 PM

hello i just have to say i love sword art online and i dont really cares who is able to make that world possiable i am in i will be happy to test and become part of that world i truly think if we can get the tech to do it then we should and all i can hope is that it is during a time that i can still dive in and have somefun tho i will not lie i hope i can stay in for more than 2 hours at a time cuss i will be so in love with it lol 

by Ethe_V Rookie
on ‎07-29-2015 08:04 PM

Man, I wish I could work for Sony. I've already figured out how to create a full-divesystem, but I lack the man-power and equipment to make it happen. Wish I could be employed there to create it.

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎07-30-2015 01:04 AM

Wait... Pray explain how you've figured out how to create a full-dive system... Also explain the full-dive system in details for me, please... Even if you have to email me directly about it instead of sharing it, I'm not too bothered how you present it (so long as it's not a note on a nuclear bomb fired at my house..... the dog doesn't deserve to die).

Direct email is dave_hendry@hotmail.co.uk

by iiGhostify Rookie
on ‎08-31-2015 10:45 PM

Hey,

I truly do think this is a crazy idea. But how fast we are moving through technology, I beleive we can make it! But, it will not take 5 or even 10 years, it will possibly take over 15 years. But do not just ask sony, maybe even ask sony and microsoft to team up to make this dream become reality. But this will come at great risk, including testing on actaul human's, if this project does fail sony (And microsoft if they team up) will suffer great losses, such as money, possibly lives of real people. I loved the anime, I watched the series over and over again, because it was that good. I do beleive that this dream will come true, but it will be a hard one to make. Despite the fact that we have to mess around with the brain.

by AkhikoKayaba Rookie
on ‎10-04-2015 04:47 AM

I'm Working on the SAO Project game i have bug about the game its error when i just tested it stops and crashed i think 2018 ill realeased no bugs for now stay 'COOOOOLLLLL"

by AkhikoKayaba Rookie
on ‎10-04-2015 04:49 AM

who wanna test the project not using Dive Envinroment it destroy heheh

by Mitre Rookie
on ‎10-13-2015 02:09 AM

Sony I have y appreciation to you. Please do create the full dive system; it may be risky but many are waiting for it come to reality. After watching SAO 1 and 2 I'm looking forward to it. So please create this technology. Just get it to market!!! Smiley Happy

by Remyvzyl Rookie
‎01-19-2016 05:39 AM - edited ‎01-19-2016 05:57 AM

Hi all

With some I agree that it will be hard work and with others that say its impossible I say sell your Play station and buy a Chess board.

1.Gaming systems and technology has jumped extremely in the last 30 years From a pinball machine to Sony's VR headset and Playstation 4

2.What needs to be seen here are the steps that technology follows . You cant jump from a sword to a machine gun you first had powder then the musket then came proper triggers then a multi shot etc. The console will always be required in the beginning until tecknology has been reached to make the processing smaller needing a smaller console unit or in the head piece itself.

3. So here is an idea of how the steps would be. From the console+remote+tv the VR headset will be Console+Headset+remote controller

Now the next step would be Console+VR Headset without the controller. This may not be as difficult as once believed. as shown in http://compumedicsneuroscan.com/mind-control-of-flying-robots/  This is quite possible if you combine the Epoc https://emotiv.com/ with the VR you should be able to move a avatar without using a remote which will be the next step to getting closer to "Full Dive" , the complications are getting the correct brain signals to perform sertian functions. But I have a theory that thinking that the best way to actually read the results from the brain would be to have multiple people 10/20/30+ wearing the Epoc device and think of the same thing"e.g. clenching fists or turning left or right" The program can be updated to see if there are any similar frequencies or brain signals, these can then be isolated by the program and tested as recognisable brain signals and tested in a program/Game. If this was copied to a test run/Game on 1 person the program would be able to recognise the brain signal through all the other signals causing remoteless movement with improved accuracy.

If there is a norm Brain signal it means the device would have a generic sence meaning it can be worn by different people, Unless brain signals differ but then you will need to syncronise with the devise.

4. Once this has been done and remoteless VR console games are possible "Which I think is the next step and just as good as full dive. then only can we go to the next step, by that time brain signal information could easily have been gathered and nurological studies conducted to futher the VR"nervegear" technology that includes senses.

by Dragoneer001 Rookie
on ‎04-10-2016 05:05 AM

The nerve gear is a good idea, but there are a lot of flaws though, the ng would have to be invasive, maybe just a small matal disc or something, but still, and if we could make it uninvasive, the machine to do that would be HUGE. not to mention, Brain scans arent complete signals, we could end up mentally difigured, if we tried to make one of the, we could experience scarring pain, and major injuries, as well as major organ faliure, which can kill you. also, the machine to process the graphics, and somehow get them into the correct places in the brain, would cost BILLIONS. not to mention electricity and memory storage.

by SnowyTheHunter Rookie
on ‎04-29-2016 12:52 AM

Hi guys, I just registered because I was reading the comments. You see I'm very interested in making NerveGear become reality and I have watched the SAO and GGO. I have read that you have figured a lot by now. I have an assigment in my school to make a webpage for my grade and I decided to make it for NerveGear. I don't mean to post it public it just for my grade, but I still want to ask you if I can make it because i don't want to do anything wrong and I have been searching for NerveGear website but only found sites with comments so I got idea of making a NerveGear official website. I do luck a lot of information about Full Dive System that I would like to know more about and the neutrons in our brains. If its possible I would like to get email or comment on this so I can realy make a great project for NerveGear. And I hope when i finish university i can join you. 

by SnowyTheHunter Rookie
on ‎04-30-2016 12:13 PM

Hi it's me again. While I am doing my webpage I realized that virtual reality is also used in Avatar movie which you sure all know already. It's probablly similar how they got into avatar's body just that that was a real body not virtual but the theory is probablyy totaly the same. This means if Sony makes the NervaGear become real that can lead us to more unknown discovery. I just hope someone soon replies to me, because I'm desperate to work learn more about the braing and technology of NerveGear.

Regards,                   Snowy

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎04-30-2016 01:50 PM

Hey all,

Been a while since I've been on here, and I love to see the enthusiasm behind this. I know that there is a lot of love out there for Sony and the produce of its past, present, and predicted future; so in light of that, I would like to remind everyone as to the extreme cost behind a project like this, the high level of risk of fallibility upon exposure to the general public (if it occurs), and the recall costs should anything go wrong.

I am sorry to say, but I doubt Sony will personally be investing in the NerveGear market unless the R&D is dealt with elsewhere and the price for the units themselves (and a personal guarantee of responsibility voidance... is that even a word?) were in good standing.

As much as it would be an awesome idea, I really love the idea of the NerveGear being in peoples' homes... But unfortunately, we just live in too immoral and uncivilized a world for this to be justified to go out into the general public. It would be really difficult to ensure a virtually-activated-physical-safety-mechanism is installed which reconnects the mind to the body should any form of physical intervention be caused to the device itself.

It was highlighted in the anime Sword-Art Online (as practically EVERYONE has based their love for this technology off, not just the knowledge) that should the device be removed from the player forcibly, it could (and has) killed them. This is one of the bigger threats, and while people are still out there looting each others' houses, and willing to do horrible, horrible things to one another, it would be unwise to present this to anyone outside of closely (and heavily) guarded and monitored areas where the public can review these... But even then, with the number of questionable figures working in high end businesses, you can't even guarantee your own personal safety there either Smiley Sad

Sorry to say people, but I would rather we treat this dream the same way animation departments treat our favorite anime characters. One of the best things to come into our lives, only to be snatched away from us and left as a beautiful memory that we'll never forget.

So yeah, I'm a negative nancy, but I'm doing so for you all to remember that the NerveGear is like any other piece of technology. In the right hands, it can be a wondrous thing. But in the wrong hands, it can be a terrible thing. And seeing how technology is going in the hands of the "experts" and "pioneers"... I am dubious that the future technology about this will actually be of any genuine efficiency without massive fault or flaw. So, if it does come into play... PLEASE, take the experience with mountainous piles of salt instead of diving into the lemonade pool with intent to drink it all in.

Too much of a good thing can kill you Smiley Sad

by EdwardRichtofen Rookie
on ‎05-23-2016 12:03 PM

I am also a fan of SAO and would love to be a part of this project.

I am Graduating from the school I am at and I am planing to be a Media Designer Major so I can help with the visuals when I get there. Something cool for you to do sony is that later on in that series they create a full dive device witch can have you be in for a day and have a 2 year expiriance in the game.

If I am being too vague, look it up online.

by Fire_Gaming Rookie
on ‎07-13-2016 08:26 AM

I competely agree, sony has the means, the manpower, and the technology to make this a thing. And i truely beleve that with the new release of Pokemon Go that we are one step closer to this becoming a reality. I hope that when they began to ask for beta testers that the look me up cause i will do it regardless of all the negative positibilities even if i dont walk again idc.

Also LOVE SAO WITH A PASSION BEST ANIME I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!!!

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎07-14-2016 09:55 AM

Whoa, Whoa...

First-off... Where is Pokemon GO coming into all this?

Pokemon GO is nowhere near as complex or even in the same league of technological advancement (either hardware or software) as the SAO NerveGear project. How can you even come onto a forum topic such as this and start spinning PGO into the path we're following?

I swear, if FDVR comes out and it is packed full of social networking resources and micro transactions... I'm going to be SO ****** off.

Secondly... I'll take it people haven't been taking heed of my notices above?

The physical constraints, psychological constraints, legal constraints, consumer rights, pricing system, software and hardware compatibility, and anything else of serious complication tied to this device's idea creates an environment that would make a company like Sony extremely hesitant to the general retail of this device... Let alone the R&D.

But if we want to put it simply, the COST of the manufacture, distribution and (in all hopes that it doesn't reach the point) recall of any/all devices would be unbelievably high. The cost of the initial device would probably be within the ranges of £1000 for the headset alone, £3000 for the headset and PC, £5000 for the headset, PC, and any additional bits and bobs that come with it... Then maintanance of the servers and services would come with a monthly charge...

Let's play with hypothetics... IF Sony were to R&D the device, we'd be looking at it being VERY unstable at best and extremely expensive. IF Sony were to produce or mass produce this, the Legal binding to it would be very sketchy because this wouldn't just be playing with hardware or software, it would be playing with peoples' LIVES.

There's too much reputation, business, and money, to lose in this venture until it has been secured by 3rd party, and unless there's a "handover" point where the concern for Sony drops phenomenally, then it WON'T be R&D'd, produced, or even distributed by Sony.

Guaranteed.

Now... DON'T get me wrong, I REALLY want to see this come about... But with the way we're going with technology, where it's profit over efficiency... Convenience over security... Simplicity over profit... we're trying to make everything work together where there's too much variance in this world to make it happen. People and businesses CANNOT be trusted to make a system as sensitive as a Full-Dive Virtual Reality suite without letting SOMETHING mess up... And when it does, it will most likely leave you in one of three situations...

1. Penniless and device-less, because even with security features to protect you, if (and when) it fails... It'll be required full replacement which normally takes about 2 working weeks to do.

2. In a state of vegitation... This is working with your BRAIN. Not simply a plug-n-play system, it synchronizes with your nervous system and could seriously hurt you if it goes wrong...

and 3. ... DEAD. As with the previous statement, it is working with your brain. If anything goes wrong, it can mess up your neural traffic, cause collisions, or simply cause your demise.

Okay, I'm being very overdramatic. There are no implemented methods that are proving any of the above as actually and factually true... But considering the circumstances of the device and its theoretical existence... It is safe to say that it's dangerous, and without a system in place to protect them... NO company is going to take full rights and ownership over this device idea and implementation.

So, please. If you're going to promote this, don't do so without actually thinking how you're promoting it...

In short... POKEMON GO IS NOT TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT TOWARDS FULL-DIVE VIRTUAL REALITY!!!!!!!

by casedog7 Rookie
on ‎01-17-2017 07:08 PM

i rekon playstation and xbox should team up to create fulldive tech with the combined knowledge,funds and experience it would take less time to create such a device. with both companys working together thay would create the future of gameing together would be a historyic event.

by DHendry1988 Rookie
on ‎01-18-2017 06:23 AM

I realise that newbies to this page are obviously not going to take all their time out to read every single post, especially not the super-long ones that I normally put out there...

But let me make this short, sweet, and clear...

Playstation, Microsoft, Nintendo, and any other major gaming giant out there will neither work independently, or together, to provide a gimmick that has so many risks to it. The consequences of failure are far too great that individually, the companies would go bankrupt and possibly gain criminal records, and should they all share the same act then it could bring down the gaming industry as a whole.

Also, I'd like to emphasize that if you're talking about "releasing this quicker", you are OBVIOUSLY not aware of the inherent dangers of Full Dive Virtual Reality.

... Do your research before you post on here, people. It's getting depressing how often the same message needs to be posted about how dangerous this gimmick is, because you're all so gung-ho about getting something new to throw your cash at.

... Sony will NOT fund this venture directly. They MAY provide games for the platform coming out, but will NOT R&D the platform or the hardware personally nor under any joint ventures. This is a GUARANTEE

by Hadesidoneus Rookie
on ‎03-05-2017 03:40 AM
For everyone on here saying our brains couldn't handle it, your wrong our brains can handle 5 times the amount of data it takes to run world of Warcraft which means that if they did create the full dive vr system that it would run so smoothly that it would make WoW look like someone was hacking it. That is all I have to say.