Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[NEX] Simple, free intervalometer (Time-Lapse)

by msDrop-com Professional ‎08-21-2013 01:57 PM - edited ‎03-31-2014 01:37 AM

edit: There is no sense to wait for firmware update - my solution is modified IR remote Intervalometer And Other Toys For Sony Cameras

I wish you add simple intervalometer for making Time-Lapse photos. I tested build in "Self-timer(Cont)" option (Menu->Camera->Drive Mode->"Self-timer(Cont)"-> option: c3/c5) and I think for Time-Lapse you can just expand the capabilities of shooting continuously using the self-timer. Or create new function named e.g. Self-timer(TS), that allow to set options as listed below. 

• saving only photos
  • set start time (as start delay HH: MM: SS)
  • set time interval (HH: MM: SS)
  • set count of photos (1 to card full limit)
  • for energy saving, after start process turn OFF LCD screen (or turn camera to build in save mode, should automatically wake up before next shoot).

I know there is paid application for Time-Lapse (you can develop it with a lot of options, prepared photo schemes, gadgets...), but i wish simple intervalometer version for free, It should be build in firmware also for NEX cameras without application support.

As I wrote at forum it is not possible to use simply IR or mechanical intervalometers for Time-Lapse (I mean long, few hours real Time-Lapse sessions). Reasons:

IR:

- at Remote Cdr. Drive Mode camera (NEX 5R) just does not want to go to power saving mode. When intervalometer is set to take photo at every 30 mins camera must go to power saving mode. And must take photo after wake up by pressing shutter button on IR remote.

Mechanical invervalometer:

- When I want to use mechanical finger (e.g. GigaPan) and take shoot at e.g. every 6 mins camera will go to sleep after e.g. 5 minutes. and pressing shutter button only wake up camera. Camera did not take a photo after awake. Camera should take a photo immediately after wake up by full pressing shutter button.

Dear Sony, please fix above problems or (and) add intervalometer option into firmware.

Best Regards

drag&drop for SEO backlinks

Replies
by raerae1616 Enthusiast
on ‎09-21-2013 11:26 AM
If this feature is finally added to the extremely NEGLECTED NEX-7, then PLEEEEASE add the even more critical, and almost certainly easier to implement, timer (or IR) trigger for bracketing photos... How you could possibly leave this out of the NEX-7 in the first place is simply astounding (like the original ****** .7 bracket range limitation that has been fixed (THANK YOU))
by gbarbe Enthusiast
on ‎02-11-2014 02:18 PM

I have a DIY multifunction intervalometer, motion controlled, laser controlled remote for the nex-7:

http://multifunctionremote.blogspot.com

by romaing Rookie
on ‎02-22-2014 10:22 AM
Adding intervalometer feature would be a huge improvement for the sony nex firmware! I vote for it, and for the sony nex 3 firmware (and others too of course)