Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Me Toos

Sony ICF-C1 Include how to turn off radio when telling how to turn it on

by vaswdsiii Rookie on ‎01-22-2017 04:38 PM

I recently exchanged a Sony ICF-C1 because I thought it was defective.  When I pushed the radio button, it would not turn off. I had reviewed instructions for the radio but saw no reference to turning it off in the section on Playing the Radio.

When I got the second clock radio home, it had the same problem.  Then I searched the internet for how to turn it off.  I learned that I have to push the Alarm/Reset button. Not intuitive.  Once I knew how to turn the radio off, I went back to the instructions and found the information under 'Setting the sleep timer'. 

Unfortunately, the radio I returned was perfectly good, but the instructions failed to easily share information with me.  Yikes.  I feel bad that I returned a good radio and that I was inconvenienced by unplugging the radio to turn it off (until I replaced it and found out I just needed to push Alarm/Reset), and that I had to go back to the store for the exchange.

Otherwise, the reception is good, it works fine, and is small and compact for a small space. Now that I can turn on and turn off the radio, I'm happy with the clock radio.

Replies
by KathyC Rookie
on ‎01-23-2017 06:14 AM

Thanks! Been struggling with this since I purchased my clock in October.  I was just turning it down since I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.