Welcome to the Community!

Join the Inspiration

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Me Toos

a7RII memory buffer's limited size

by fgrths2 Enthusiast on ‎03-12-2017 09:13 PM

Sony - could you kindly document the size of the a7RII memory buffer. Next could you please, please, please kind and wonderful company write and application or somehow allow for an increase in size of the camera's buffer and here is why. This is a wonderful camera for shooting high speed continuous photo series, however with a 42 megapixel sensor the current capacity of the buffer limits the number of frames one can capture to approximately 13. This is a extremely small number of frames. A great OCF strobe with a wireless capture controller specifically for Sony cameras is made by Profoto. Phase One makes Capture One Pro 10 for Sony which allows tethered capture, but all these products abilities are extremely limited by Sony's small sized memory buffer and presently there appears to be no way to alter its size or increase the transfer speed.

Please do something about this issue and you will have photographers switching from Canon and Nikon by the droves!

I pray someone out there will prove me wrong by replying to this post with information that provides a solution to this quandry as it would make my year.