Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

Tuning Up
WaterBoyz

CDX-GT565UP clock changes constantly

Had this player for some time.  I listened to AM radio (news junkie) most of the time.  Then I started listening to FM radio.  Now the clock will constantly change time.  I can set it to say12:15 then sometime later it will be some random time like 10:27 or 8:06 or 11:51.  Anything but what it should be.  It could take 10 minutes to change or 2 hours or it will change to 4 different times in 1 hour.  There is no pattern that I can tell.

This time change does NOT occur when I'm listening to any source other than FM.  It ONLY happens while listening to FM.

Any ideas ? ? ?

I'm old. I was trained on vacuum tubes. Everything I've worked on is either in the museum or on the History Channel.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: CDX-GT565UP clock changes constantly

Hi Mike,

This issue will occur if leads are not matched correctly with the car's accessory power connector. Make sure that they are matched correctly.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
WaterBoyz

You said...

This issue will occur if leads are not matched correctly with the car's accessory power connector. Make sure that they are matched correctly.

Exactly what leads are you referring to?  Got a diagram?

To further clarify my problem further, the clock changes the time even thought I never turn off the car

Just today, during a 2 hour trip the clock changed 3 tmes.

I never turned off the car. 

I'm old. I was trained on vacuum tubes. Everything I've worked on is either in the museum or on the History Channel.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Thank you for the additional information. Based on your description, it does not seems to be an issue with leads (wiring). It seems to be a malfunction. I suggest that you get the Car Stereo serviced. Click on the below link to initiate service request:

https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

Please use plain text.