Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (907 Views)
Accepted Solution

CDX-GT65UIW Remote Control Input Question

Hi all, new to the Community, and have a Car Stereo Receiver (CDX-GT65UIW) Question: What kinds of remote control units can use the Rear Panel "Remote In" jack? Is this a 1/8" stereo jack, and will the receiver support "Learn" functions from a remote unit plugged into this jack? The manual only shows the jack, and discusses it's use very briefly on the Installation Wiring Diagram, not in the main manual at all, really...Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thank you very much for your time and help with this. Bill Wilkinson (StudioBill)

Message 2 of 2 (863 Views)

Re: CDX-GT65UIW Remote Control Input Question

Hi StudioBill,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The Remote IN jack on the stereo is a 3.5mm where you can connect wired remotes. As long as the wired remote supports the 3.5mm connection the stereo requires, you may use it.

As much as we want to provide you with detailed information, we haven't tested this stereo with 3rd party wired remotes that have "Learn" functions. They may be able to work with the stereo, however, we cannot guarantee if all of its operations/buttons will work.

I hope I was able to shed some light on your inquiry.

Best regards,

Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook