Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (1,591 Views)

Does the RCA OUTPUT ON THE cdx-gt56ui run both sub and preout? if so how do I switch it to PRE-OUT

Does the RCA OUTPUT on the CDX-GT56UI Car Stereo have both Sub and PRE-OUT? if so how do I switch to PRE-OUT?

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (1,583 Views)

Re: Does the RCA OUTPUT ON THE cdx-gt56ui run both sub and preout? if so how do I switch it to PRE-

Hello Richard,

The unit has 2-channel Preamp Outputs  on the rear of the receiver, used for connecting external amps. This unit doesn't have Sub Preamp Outputs.

The rear preamp outputs can be set in the menu to output a full range signal to the rear channels, or a filtered signal to a subwoofer. When set to subwoofer, the output typically has a selectable low-pass filter and is non-fading. You can change the rear preamp outputs by selecting REAR/SUB option under Setup menu of the unit.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Thank you for your post.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (362 Views)

Re: Does the RCA OUTPUT ON THE cdx-gt56ui run both sub and preout? if so how do I switch it to PRE-OUT

I have a similar hu, but with the third or sub output. Unfortunately it seems I am not smart enough to find the rear/sub out switch in settings to turn it on. Any advice? I have reset the thing twice, and unhooked it once overnight to start from the beginning. Most others just automatically recognized that an rca cable was hooked up. Some of the other settings (caution alarm) don't show up either. Is there another setting I have to have a certain way to access this switch? Really frustrating. I even asked the Sony help guys who said take it to a dealer, or Sony store. This is southern wv, not sure how far I'd have to go. Anyway... All suggestions appreciated.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook