Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

DevParker

ICF CS10iPBLK iPod clock radio

Sony says that the ICF CS10iPBLK is not compatible with the iPod Touch 4th generation. I tested mine on a display unit at Wal-Mart and again on a unit at Best Buy. It worked fine, but there was no remotes for the display units. I ordered one before I knew Sony said they weren't compatible. I found it at Amazon a lot cheaper than the local stores. Anyway while I was waiting for it to be delivered I spoke with Sony's product support group and they were convinced the 4th gen iPod touch would NOT work. They couldn't explain why it worked on the demo units. I just got my ICF CS10iPBLK today and I'm here to tell Sony that the iPod Touch 4th gen works PERFECTLY with this dock/clock radio. Every function works great and the remote controls the iPod just like the manual says it should. I don't know why Sony said it's not compatible because it works fine for me.
Please use plain text.
MatthewB

Re: ICF CS10iPBLK iPod clock radio

Thank you for that valuable information - your post is very much appreciated. When Sony release an iPod docking station or other Apple compatible device they are tested with the current range of models and the product manual and/or marketing specifications will list these. When new models are released they may work perfectly also, however it's also possible that some functionality may be missing. So if your model is not on the compatibility list it's always good to test before you buy.
Please use plain text.