Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

SAM Groovin'
Groovin'
SAM
Accepted Solution

ICF-CS15iP VS. iPOD Touch

Cannot get music to play through the unit and not getting any error messages. It is a 4th Generation iPOD Touch

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
phmonch

Re: ICF-CS15iP VS. iPOD Touch

[ Edited ]

My son just got this ICFCS15IP audio docking station for christmas today and his 4th generation Ipod Touch will only charge on it and will not play any music thru the speakers of the ICFCS15IP.  My Ipod nano does work and works with the remote control as well something the Ipod Touch won't do. So I know it's not the personal audio docking system.  The touch has the iOS6.0.1 software.  I've searched all over for a fix and can't find one anywhere.  Thinking about taking the audio system back and just splurging on something else.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Blakeamy

Same problem here. I bought two of these and they will not play music through the speakers when using the iPod touch 4th generation. It WILL play through the speakers when using my iPhone 4, but this needs to work with the iPods since its for the kids. We upgraded the software for the iPods and did the reset button on the docking station, but nothing works. Hopefully Sony will offer a solution, or these docking stations will be going back to Walmart.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
debicop

I've got the same problem. Radio plays through speakers just fine, but  no sound when iphone4 plugged in. Phone is connected, because it charges - just can't play music from it. Tried restarting phone and player, upgrading software (iOS7), even tried using phone with older software (iOS 5.1.1). Did you find any solution? 

Please use plain text.
SamT

When you set your iPod portable player or your iPhone® mobile digital device down on the Personal Audio Docking System, if the music continues to output through the speaker of the iPod player or iPhone device and not through the dock, you may need to reset each unit. Try doing the following steps to resolve this issue:

On the Sony® docking system:
  • Unplug the power cord.
  • Wait approximately 10 seconds. 
  • Plug the power cord back into the AC power outlet. 

On the iPod player or iPhone device:

• Hold down both the Home and the Lock button at the same time.
  • Wait approximately 10 seconds until the power on the unit turns off.
  • Turn the power back on by holding down either the Home or the Lock button.

Once you have the power back on your unit, set the iPod player or iPhone device back down on the dock and try playing back your music through the audio docking system. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
debicop

[ Edited ]

See post above - already tried that. Keep getting this answer everywhere I look or ask. :smileysad:

Bought 3 of these docks $$$ and would like an answer that works. Is there anything else I can try or can you provide a reason that this is happening? I would say the speakers are malfunctioning but they work with the radio and the phone connection is ok too because it charges while on dock. disappointed.......  

Please use plain text.
SamT

I'm sorry to know that none of the troubleshooting worked. It's possible that the pin on the dock has the problem but we're not certain. Only Sony authorized technicians can determine the exact cause of the issue. 

Please click here to check for your service options. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.