Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

ICF-CS15iP iPhone Compatibility

I purchased the ICF-CS15iP about 5 months ago and it has worked fine up until a few weeks ago, I'm now getting a "This device is not compatable with this device" message. Can someone tell me if maybe there was an iOS update that may created this problem and if there is a patch or fix. I did take it back to Best Buy to check out the potential lose wire on thr docking craddle but that was fine. I'd hate to think that an un-fixable iOS update has rendered my $100 purchase worthless. Any advice would be helpful.
Thank You
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

Re: ICF-CS15iP iPhone Compatibility

My apologies, the new message actually reads: "This Accessory is Not Supported by iPhone"
Again any help would be appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

Hello !!!

Anybody ?!?!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

Still nothing?

Well maybe the rumors I'm hearing are true then, Sony & Apple are in a pissing match so Apple puts out an update making the Sony product incompatable!

Now if this get deleted without a reply it will confirm that!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

[ Edited ]

Hello
Thank you for your post.
If you ever need an immediate answer from Tech support, Waiting for a response from the community can be frustrating. If you wish for customer support right away we have chat support available here:

http://www.docs.sony.com/startchat.asp? ... d=1&chat=1

For a prompt and live response.

Our Forums here are a way for the community to connect, share and help each other. We as moderators do our best to step in when the community has not responded.

If you have an urgent matter that requires technical support, That support is available 24/7 to help answer any questions or assistance you may need.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. in future responding to your own original post multiple times shows on our logs as an active thread and gives the appearance of community activity, we still check all posts, however give priority to posts with no replies.

The iPhone4 and the iPhone4S both are listed as compatible with the ICF-CS15iP Personal Audio Docking System.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33615

We have checked with our engineering department and have not had reported cases of the iPhone 4 no longer functioning after the latest update.
we recommend testing with another iPhone4 if possible prior to suggesting service for your dock.
or contact support directly to determine if service is required

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-c ... =ICFCS15IP

*edit* Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40am
One of our engineers took the dock home and tested it with an iPhone 4 upgraded to iOS5 it worked fine. there is an iOS6 however this is a beta operating system and with any beta program is subject to change at any time by its developers, since it is an "unreleased" final product.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

Thank you for the reply and the point to Tech chat support.

As for trying other iPhones we did, I have the unit here in the office I have the iPhone4 and the other 2 tried were iPhone4S and unfortunately neither worked.

My current version is 5.1.1

Based on this should I maybe reach out to support at this time?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Yes,
it appears service is likely necessary if it is no longer recognizing your phone. it is possible the docking mechanism that inserts into the phone may be loose.

see attached flyer warning for future undockings.
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/Flyer_ ... _FR_ES.pdf
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-980498

I will proceed in that direction!

Thank You again for the assistance! :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MH1266

Were you able to find a solution? I am having the same problem with my Sony docking station.
Please use plain text.
SamT

Hi MH1266! Have you tried all suggested troubleshooting steps above? 

Please use plain text.