Welcome to the Community!

Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (102 Views)

ICF-SW7600GR static noise when AC adapter is plugged in

From new, my 7600GR radio has so much static and interference noise coming through the speaker when the factory AC adapter is used that I cannot use it at all and must stay on batteries. I thought it was a line problem in the house and recently a ham operator told me its not that but didnt offer a solution. Whats wrong?

Message 2 of 3 (54 Views)

Re: ICF-SW7600GR static noise when AC adapter is plugged in

Hi Cvco,

Thank you for considering the SONY Community!

Please refer to this article to isolate the issue you have with your ICF-SW7600GR. For further assistance, we recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.   

Best regards,

-Erin 

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: ICF-SW7600GR static noise when AC adapter is plugged in

Thank you for replying but it wasnt helpful.

1. Im not sure why you sent me to headphone troubleshooting since nothing is there regarding AC noise.

2. Im an american and bought the radio in US, please dont assume that because of my IP address that its an Asian unit which needs to be serviced in Asia.

3. I previously contacted Sony in Malaysia and they said they never sold the radios and therefore know nothing about them and that I should contact Sony in US. I am aware that Sony in Irvine, CA could be helpful when I need to send the radio for repair but nothing has been determined yet that the radio needs repair.

4. Attempts to go Community through Sony-Asia website bring me back here.

5. The AC adapter noise occurs in any building, at any time the adapter is used. Is it normal for the AC adapter to be unusable due to noise? Is some kind of a filter needed? No problems when only using batteries but the high expense of good batteries makes it impossible to use the radio as often as I would like. Being able to use the AC adapter would cure that.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook