Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

Groovin'
RossByford

Is there a 3 digit code for a Sony DVD remote to Sony LED? Where do I find response?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: Is there a 3 digit code for a Sony DVD remote to Sony LED? Where do I find response?

RossByford,

What is the model# of the Remote control?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
RossByford

Re: Is there a 3 digit code for a Sony DVD remote to Sony LED? Where do I find response?

The DVD remote is a RMT-V501D and the TV remote is a RM-YD080.

Note, I have been able to

a) turn the TVon and off with the DVD remote and

b) start the DVD player to run

However the appears to be no connection betrween the DVD player and the TV

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Please advise if this issue has been resolved. If not, then you may program the RMTV501D remote to control the Sony TV using 01 code. Click here for the programming instructions. 

However, please take note that the DVD remote control serves as a universal remote for the Sony TV. It may or may not work properly for several reasons. The most common reason is that the component being programmed to is newer than the remote control (or the other way around) and the remote control has not been tested for functionality with the said component. The RMTV501D was first released in the market last 4/1/2004 while the RMYD080 was released last 2012.

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.