Welcome to the Community!

Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (810 Views)

MEX XB100BT Low Output

I have a MEX XB100BT installed in my vehicle. Battery is new, sitting at 13.04V, install is solid, all soldered connections, and speakers are 4 Ohms. The volume seems EXTREMELY low for a head unit that should have 40W RMS output. It really does not sound like it's amped at all. For the purposes of my vehicle, it might as well be a standard head unit with 14W RMS out.

Has anyone run into this issue and found a fix? The head unit is hooked up to the battery and the ground, by all reasonable measurements, is good. Hoping this isn't the amplifier beind a piece of ******. Anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Message 2 of 4 (770 Views)

Re: MEX XB100BT Low Output

Hi Gravity,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

If the LEVEL adjustment on the car amplifier is not set properly, the audio or sound volume will be low. Turn the LEVEL adjustment in a clockwise direction to MAX to adjust this setting.

NOTES:

-If your installation setup does not permit you to manually change the LEVEL adjustment or if there is no change to the audio or sound volume once you have set the adjustment setting to MAX, seek the assistance of a professional installer.
-This and other information are also available in the manual included with your product.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 4 (626 Views)

I thought the same thing. I just bought a used car that has this stereo in it. It has two 5 x 7's in front, 2 6.5's in the back, all speakers are Kenwood Excelons. Thing is, I can crank it all the way up to 50 (highest level) and it's not really distorting. I would think that running this much power to these speakers would at least cause a degree of distortion. It just doesn't seem to be very loud and I've tried every setting that I can think of to make it play more 'normally'.

Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (626 Views)

Is there a level adjustment on the head unit? I am experiencing the same thing, I can turn it all the way up to 50 without every much distortion at all. Tried all sound settings.  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook