Welcome to the Community!

Other Products

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (237 Views)

Sony MEX-GS610BT Issue

Hello, I bought a MEX-GS610BT radio for my car around a year ago. It's been probably close to 6 months that the app hasn't worked for iPhone with the radio. I have already contacted someone throught the chat feature online about 3-4 months ago who "assured" he was taking the case personally and it would be fixed. The App Remote was a selling point of this radio making the funtionality of the radio much easier. I'm tired of waiting for the POSSIBILITY of an update. There's been multiple posts on forums and even reviews of the app/radio stating this issue by other people who have purchased it. It seems like Sony doesn't care enough to make it right. I love the radio but do not like the fact that our word doesn't seem to mean much. I bought my girlfriend the MEX-GS620BT in hopes that the app for that wouldn't be discontinued in 6 months but who knows. I would like to do an exchange of some sort for the MEX-GS620BT (which uses a different app interface) so I can use the radio with the funtions it was intended to have. I mean the "App Remote" app is even displayed on the box of the 610. I bought my radio new and there are no issues with it other than I'm missing a big part of the functionality with it and its quite disappointing.

On another note, I e-mailed sony's Mobile support and was told they don't work with car audio (I figured mobile meant car's, not sure what it means in this case). They said it wasn't their department and couldn't help me so they provided me with another e-mail. I sent an e-mail to that e-mail that was provided and it turns out it was Playstation support. They also said that since it wasn't their department they couldn't help me. That's where I finally got to this point and hopefully someone here can help me. I would think as a company, whether a customer is contacting the wrong division or not, that you would do whatever you can possible to make the customer feel like they're valued.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 4 (172 Views)

Re: Sony MEX-GS610BT Issue

No help?

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (127 Views)

Thanks Sony! For nothing.

Message 4 of 4 (59 Views)

Hi Iknowimlost,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are very sorry for the time it has taken us to reply and for any inconvenience, you had experienced. Please be assured we take this very seriously and continuously strive to improve our products.

As of the moment, we don't have information about an upcoming update for this model. With regards to the issue that the app hasn't worked with your iPhone, can you tell me more about it? Please send me a private message and include your reference number if any. 

Regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook