Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Other Products

Tuning Up
DJ_Mike1273

Sony PS-LX250h turntable question.

My turntable is not keeping a consistant speed.  During transport, the turntable was placed upside down and the platter and belt came off.  I remounted the platter and belt and that's when the speed started to become inconsistant.  It speeds up and slows down.  I have tried adjusting the speed by adjusting the set screws on the bottom of the unit.  It speeds up tremendously when I place the jeweler's screwdriver in the adjustment hole, even without turning the screw driver. 

I have also noticed that when the tone arm returns after the end of a record, it lowers before it gets to its resting cradle.

What could be causing these two issues and how can I fix?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: Sony PS-LX250h turntable question.

Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot the issue of the turntable platter is not spinning at a constant rate, speeding up, or slowing down.

NOTE: A warped record will produce this effect.

1. Verify that the record being played is not warped.
  2. Verify that the drive belt is secure, and is not in need of replacement.
  3. If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required .

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.