Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 9 (5,607 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony XAV-AX100 Apple Carplay fails, USB device Not supported with phone 7 plus

Hello everyone. As the subject says: i just bought a XAV-AX100 receiver and it just simply don´t recognize the iphone 7 plus. It keeps saying ``usb device not supported´´and i tried: not using the extension usb cable, using it, using two different lighting cable (both originals), check the latest OS update, reseting the stereo or the iphone, using another iphone... And nothing... the only thing that works with the iphone is that it charges the cellphone. Does anyone knows anything else to do? or should i start a claim to  change the stereo?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (5,584 Views)

Re: Sony XAV-AX100 Apple Carplay fails, USB device Not supported with phone 7 plus

Hi DanielCr,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (5,475 Views)

Re: Sony XAV-AX100 Apple Carplay fails, USB device Not supported with phone 7 plus

I just installed mine yesterday and have exactly the same problem with my 6+ with IOS 10.1.2. I even bought a new cable at the Apple store hoping for success,but no luck.

My usb thumb drive plays fine though. I guess I'll need to open a support ticket.
Rookie
Message 4 of 9 (5,470 Views)

Hi!!! I've solved the problem... you Need to activate Siri!!! Only that way the stereo recognizes the iphone!! Hope that helps!!
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 9 (5,460 Views)

The solution for me was to enable CarPlay under General->Restrictions on my phone. It was turned off, so the stereo wasn't handshaking with the phone. The phone was probably refusing the connection. The error message displayed on the stereo was completely wrong and misleading.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (5,448 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sony support told me that the USB port on this stereo didn't support anything but music & video via music players and wasn't designed to use the USB port in this way.

I called BS and corrected them.

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (5,135 Views)

Your solution was exactly what worked for me. CarPlay needs to be turned on in the Resctrictions part of settings. 

And this after 2 hours with some very nice people's at Sony, and I ended up finding this when I was on hold myself! LOL

Now if I could just turn off the annoying "safety message" that comes up every time I start my truck. OK, I get it "don't watch videos while driving, now stop it"

Rookie
Message 8 of 9 (5,135 Views)

Exactly the solution I found after 2 hours with some very nice techs at Sony. And they where stumped. Until I accidentally found the switch under Settings/Restrictions.

Worked on my IPhone SE

Now if I can only find out how to disable the ****** safety message about watching videos while driving. That comes up every time I start my truck. Alright I get it, now go away!

Rookie
Message 9 of 9 (507 Views)

Hello,

I just installed the Sony XAV-AX100 in my car but I had the same problem with USB connection. I already put the restrictions "off" but keeps saying that it doesn't support my Iphone SE. Can you help me solving this problem?

Thanks,

Nuno Dias

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook