Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (1,640 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony XAV-AX100 cannot hear Siri

I have installed the stereo in my 2009 Jeep Wrangler. It connects to my iPhone 6 and everything seems to work but I cannot hear Siri read my text messages and if I get a phone call I cannot hear the caller but the caller can hear me. I have updated the firmware and have no restrictions on CarPlay or the microphone in my iphone settings. I have also checked the microphone connection many times. Looking for any ideas on how to fix this.
Rookie
Message 2 of 7 (1,438 Views)

Re: Sony XAV-AX100 cannot hear Siri

Were you able to solve this? I also have this problem on my Jeep JK 2013. Spotify works via CarPlay, everything sounds great, except for Siri. I've tried this with both iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11 beta using a iPhone 6. I'm using a PAC RP4-CH11 Wiring Interface, if it matters.

Any help would prevent me returning the radio... I really like it ...

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (1,425 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had exactly the same problem. Everything worked fine except siri... she has listened to and did what I told her put I didn´t hear the answers. The music was even quieter for that time. Same with phone calls and navi announcements. Silence...

I installed the Sony XAV-AX100 in my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2006 Limited with original amplifier on board.

In the canbus adapter incl. steering wheel adapter harness (42-1032-601) was one extra small type of adapter. On the one hand 6 connectors and one the other 4 connectors. 4 connectors for front left and front right. I didn´t use it because I also have speakers in the back... but that was wrong! I installed that small adapter for testing and siri talked with me! The rear speakers still worked.

I think it has to do with that the amplifier uses the rear speaker cables.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers,

grandler

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (1,404 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to look into how the cables are connected.

You are right, I'm reusing the Jeep's amp, but like you, use a CAN adaptor and I've connected all the wires through it. Unfortunatelly your adaptor (for the  Cherokee) is not the same for the JK.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience!

I would expect a SONY forum to actually receive SONY support. This is very dissapointing.

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (1,393 Views)

SOLVED!!!

Thanks Grandler for pointing me in the right direction!

Background:

This solution works when using:

- a CAN adaptor, such as the POS "PAC RadioPRO4 Interface for Chrysler Vehicles with CAN bus RP4-CH11" 

- with Jeep JK's with Alpine Premium system, perhaps for other systems too.

Sony outputs all Siri's prompts to the REAR speakers. The PAC RPA-CH11, though only drives two of the four amp channels available in the Alpine amp.

Solution:

Reverse the Front and Rear speaker connections (since the fader doesn't work with the PAC RPA - remeber, it only drives 2 channels).

Rotten Tomatoes Award:

PAC. What kind of POS adaptor is this?!? In Premium Amplified Systems only two input channels can be used from the aftermarket radio, therefore there will be no fading capability of the aftermarket stereo.

- Crutchfiled (their install sheet doesn't mention this problem, but they mark and sell the PAC+SONY+JEEP as compatible set-up).

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (1,336 Views)

Thanks so much Grandler. Switched the wires and now it works perfectly fine. My husband was skeptical at first but tried it anyway. Puts an end to months of frustration.

Thanks,
Raztaz
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (1,258 Views)

I´m glad that I could help and thanks for the nice feedback!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook